Portal (1) crash

I got the portal free on steam and it will not work and "Can I run it" said I had the minimal settings to run portal. After the blury load screen is done the screen turns black and does nothing i have tried verifying integrity de-fragmentation and -novid but nothing works help

here are some of my system specs

System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: Satellite L305
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 2.10
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 1916MB RAM
Page File: 2243MB used, 1833MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

Gday Hbakid,

The best place to ask your Portal question is in the Steam forums. Do a google search for Steam forums, scroll down to "Steam Game Discussions" and then find "Portal".

I think this link is what you want. Its the Intel display driver for your video chipset. Your current driver may be older than this one, and getting a new one may allow you to play the game.

Edit - Turns out that link doesn't take you directly there. Here is what you need to do. Go to that link, then on the left underneath "Satellite L305-S5888" (ignore the stuff after 305 if that isn't your exact model, I'm sure it doesn't matter, you'll see on the actual download page why) click Downloads. On downloads go to the 2nd page there is a link for "Intel Display Driver for Windows 7 (64)(v8.15.10.1825; 09-03-2009; 25.75M)". If you are running 64bit Windows 7 use that. Otherwise go through the pages until you see the Intel display driver for your OS.

Back