Powerline adapters: Home networking without rewiring

By jobeard
Oct 9, 2007
  1. Now this is way cool :approve: LAN access throughout the house without wiring or complications!

    ComputerWorld is reporting a Tcp
    adaptor that fits your wall power outlet to turn the entire house wiring into you LAN!

    The full description is here (it's a three page presentation so follow the link NEXT near the bottom.
  2. Tmagic650

    Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,185   +225

    This has been around for a while Jobeard... It's cool though
  3. poertner_1274

    poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

    Indeed, it's a neat feature, especially for people who do not wish to setup wireless networks.
  4. tipstir

    tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,383   +105

    Yes that has been around for a few years, I know people who swear by it!

    There is one problem though, If you dwelling was re-wired incorrectly they you'll have problems with using the powerline adapters. I am in that boat I mean I have power just unable to control areas of the house with PowerCenter RF controls for lighting.. Powerline won't work here. Wireless does work here 95% the other 5% is for wired networking for total 100%
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Create an account or login to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.