Printer installation problem - HP Deskjet F4180

hiway

Hi
Just after installing fresh windows xp pro (sp2 x86) I mistakenly ran my hp printer setup cd with printer (usb) connected. As a result printer was not properly installed since correct method require running setup cd first and then connecting printer.
Now I am in a senerio where I have to uninstall these stuck up drivers, and then reinstall printer properly. Unfortunately I did not find any uninstaller, either in add/remove or start/programs folder. I manually deleted all files and folder but with no consequences.
Finally I tried to reinstall xp, but now, pc fails to boot from cd .... and xp cd shows hp setup cd icon in 'mycomputer'.
Any suggestions or solution will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Note : My pc spec have changed, its a dell optiplex gx720, 4.2 ghz, 40GB segate hard disk, 512 mb ram.

fyi... when USB cable is connected to soon there's a method i'd suggest to try and remove the USB drivers which ended up installed...

HOWEVER, sounds like your computer is now in an "unknown" state as you tried removing files/folders, etc. and what you could find
Unfortunately I did not find any uninstaller, either in add/remove or start/programs folder. I manually deleted all files and folder but with no consequences.
Finally I tried to reinstall xp, but now, pc fails to boot from cd .... and xp cd shows hp setup cd icon in 'mycomputer'.

I think safest to do another install. If you want to cautious, you can also create a backup image of your hard drive a key points (e.g. just before installing drivers) if you want to have an easy checkpoint to fall back to, if need be

Thanks chancellor, I actually ran system restore to a date when printer was never installed. It worked.

Back