Problem booting with the Gigabyte GA EP45 UD3R

Good evening everyone, I've been having lots of trouble with this gigabyte motherboard.. I took everything apart to clean it because it was dusty.. I reconnect everything together and everything such as fans and CPU fans seem to run fine, however there is no signal to the monitor.. Everything is connected fine

I have a duo core intel e8400
550w psu
4gb gskill ram
Radeon HD 5770
Gigabyte GA EP45 UD3R mobo

Does it beep and load Windows, or does it just fail to POST? Is power connected to the video card?

Everything is connected by the psu. I can only turn my pc on by the power switch on the psu.. When I do that, the mobo LED turns on, fans spin, no beeps, or signal on monitor

That's odd. The switch on the PSU can't turn it on. The power button on the front turns it on. The LED shows that it it has power not that it's on.

A failed POST is when you turn it on (with the front panel switch) and it turns on but nothing else. You can't even turn it off with anything other than the PSU.

You should clear the CMOS.

When I have a failed post I like to remove the RAM and then power it up again. It should beep a no RAM code. After that I try just one stick of RAM in the first slot. If that doesn't work I try another stick. I'll try different RAM if I have any. Most of the time this gets it working.

If that failed I'd try a different PSU. Having a lot of extra parts around really helps.

When I turn on the psu switch , my mobo, CPU fan, gpu turn on, but the power switch on my tower won't let me turn it off or on.. It's strange to me, Im still trying to fix it even after seeing a spark near the CPU_fan pin..everything still has power, my mobo has all 6 led lights on and I don't know if this is bad.. I already tested my psu on another computer, and it turns on normally by pressing the computer case switch.. I decide to test the other computers psu on my mobo and the same thing happens.. It turns on before i could press the power button on the case!! I've done almost everything, there are also no beep sounds when I removed ram. The same thing happens

Back