TechSpot

Problems with recent bought hardware

By Anonymomus
Mar 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,
    I recently bought new hardware, installed Windows 7 but right now im getting random Blue Screens all the time.
    System Specs:
    Also, during gaming sessions it randomly crashes without any error message. (I tried Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Far Cry 2)

I tried:
    Reinstalling Windows.
    Updating all my Drivers.
    Formatting HDD.
    Memtest found over 50000 errors.

These are my BSOD's error messages:

2. Mark56

Mark56 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,889

From the BSOD logs Athrx.sys is a driver for your wireless card. vwififlt.sys is also associted with the card. Check you have the latest versions installed for your version of windows and the correct bit rate eg 32 or 64bit. The error codes relate to bad drivers, system services or memory.

What hardware did you replace or add?

This result is severe and if correct your memory is in a bad way. Run through this process to confirm its condition, the windows memory test is not the best, Memtest86+ is far better but the most conclusive test will be to run the PC on each memory stick at a time. This should also allow you to isolate the fault to an individual stick.

If your memory proves to be OK then follow this guide to detect any bad drivers.