Radeon 9600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebird

Would a Radeon 9600 128mb card be enough to run Far Cry, Desert Combat Extended?? I was looking into buying a new card and I'm kinda tight on money and this was in my price range. I was just wondering how well it would perform on my Athlon xp 2600 with 512mb of pc 2700. Any one who uses this card let me know how well it performs. Also, I'm interrested in how well the pixel shaders and vertex shaders work on this card. Has anyone benchedmarked it??

At higher resolutions and full details, FarCry brings a 9600XT to its limits for sure. It isn't very smooth.

But at medium to reasonable high detail at a reasonable resolution, like 1024x768, it runs very well.

How much do you want to spend? Newegg has a Powercolor Rageon 9800Se for $160. Its a 256 bit card so its a regular 9800 but can be soft modded with Omega drivers into a 9800 pro. Supposed to have an 80% success rate. Even if it doesnt mod its a great deal.

Be sure you dont think your getting a 9600XT or PRO and end up buying a regular non xt/pro card (because they are a chunk cheaper... and slower) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back