TechSpot

Radeon HD 7500

By crippler4hm
Jan 30, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

i just recently downloaded minecraft, but it wont let me play stating that "could not find openGL mode" which can be fixed by upgrading the video card?

My dad said to search ATI Radeon 7500 and see if there are any updates, but im not very computer saavy and i am having trouble looking to where to get this info, and if it will even work.

thanks,

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,623   +320

That card is ancient. I didn't look it up but I'd guess its from around 1998. Really doubt that card can play Minecraft.

I'm not sure what the requirements are for Minecraft, but if they are pretty low you could probably find something like an nvidia 6200 that might play it. (I suggested this because they were so prolific in their day they should be dirt cheap, and they come in pci, agp, or pcie)

3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,090   +1,519

This has drawn my curiosity. I decided to look up a few details. LOL

Radeon R100

4. crippler4hm

crippler4hm TS Rookie Topic Starter

The computer im using is one of like 8 my dad bought from his company when they moved to a new location. i went to a website to update the drivers. and it does work.. but crashes every now and then. i am hesitant to play it on my laptop since its mainly for work and i dont want any games on it, but i may just do that.

do you know how much a used PC would be for just gaming use? in the market these days? again im not computer saavy and dont know much about PC's in general.

5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,090   +1,519

What are the system specs for the rest of the machine?

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,623   +320

Thanks for the details clifford. Guess that makes sense now because I didn't get a GF2MX until early 2001. (I remember playing Giants: Citizen Kabuto, the first Serious Sam, and Starcraft on it)

You can build yourself a new gaming machine for a few hundred dollars, if I was buying a used gaming machine I'd have a hard time justifying much over $200. There is a Buying Guide by Techspot that will help you get started if you want to build your own. Further refinements can be made by posting a new thread on it in this forum.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.