Random reboots and possible backdoor virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PC has been randomly rebooting every 45 minutes or so. A warning pops up telling me I have a minute to save my work before the computer shuts down.

Before it does this, Norton detects a backdoor virus...but I have run a full system scan and it doesn't find anything.

My knowledge of computers is limited because my dad usually helps me but it's 3AM and I'm trying to pull an all-nighter so I could really use some help.

Thanks!

NAV may have been disabled by the virus.

it maybe the sasser virus (although i dont know if that's still active) or something similar..

scan with NAV under safe mode, then download all windows updates. if it still doesnt pick it up or remove, scan with trendmicro's houscall (online) and ewido.

download HiJackThis, adaware, spybot, and if you dont have a firewall: zonealarm. update, scan yada yada yada

and post your HJT log here. Also read teh posts made by RealBlackStuff about removing trojans/coolweb etc..

if you cant perform these tasks before that msg comes up, goto [start>run] and type in "shutdown.exe /a" without " ". it will stop the shutdown process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back