Random reboots because of bugchecks?

Saudate

PC Specs:
Windows XP SP3 32 bits
1 GB of DDR RAM (2 Samsung Memory Sticks, 512 MB each)
Intel Pentium IV 2.00 Ghz
ASUSTek P4PE2-X Motherboard
American MegaTrends 1005.004 BIOS
ATI Radeon 7000 Series (64 MB)

My PC suddenly reboots without any prompt which started just a week ago. Upon opening Event Viewer, I saw a SaveDump that contains this message.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 10/4/2012
Time: 7:07:44 PM
User: N/A
Computer: BLUEHELIX
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x0000000c, 0x00000005, 0x00000001, 0xf77ae5f7).

I ran the chkdk module and TuneUp Disk Doctor which made the problem subside for a couple of days but then started recurring again.

Can someone give me an advice on troubleshooting this problem? I have included the 5 latest mini dumps along with this post. Thanks a lot. :)

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    85.6 KB · Views: 6
Do you have any USB devices installed?

I have a lot of USB devices that I use, most of which are those that are randomly plugged in and out whenever they are needed or not. Can installed USB devices contribute to PC troubles (compatibilities or driver signed checks)? I always run the Windows Verifier module to check if there are incompatible drivers now and then, and apparently there are none. Thank you.

The minidumps are pointing to USB drivers... And hard drive issues... Do you see any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

The minidumps are pointing to USB drivers... And hard drive issues... Do you see any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?
I checked my Device Manager, expanded every drop down and saw no exclamation marks on any of the modules there. Here is a screenshot of my device manager.
DevManager.PNG

and a screenshot of my Driver Verifier
Verifier.PNG

One driver popped up, and its tcpip.sys

Can the random reboots be caused by power issues? I am currently operating my PC at a 110v connection (instead of the default which is 220v).

Thanks!

Tcpip.sys is a network driver. If your primary house AC power is 220v, and you have the PC power supply set for 110 volts the computer would burn up if you applied 220 volts. If it is set for 220v and the house voltage is 110v the computer might not start up. Make sure you place the little red power supply voltage switch to match the AC house voltage

Tcpip.sys is a network driver. If your primary house AC power is 220v, and you have the PC power supply set for 110 volts the computer would burn up if you applied 220 volts. If it is set for 220v and the house voltage is 110v the computer might not start up. Make sure you place the little red power supply voltage switch to match the AC house voltage

Our house's voltage is 220 volts and I set my desktop to run at 110 volts.

This is because we have a (you better believe me) hydroelectric pump that powers two appliances at the same time. The overall electricity produced by this pump is 110 - 115 volts, which is enough to operate my PC. We discovered this pump last 2010 when a massive blackout took place in our vicinity. Apparently, there is a very deep hole in our concrete ground which leads to a large body of cold, flowing water (and there are oil-like substances coming out from the ground).

Anyways, can you please tell me what specific USB driver errors are displayed on the mini dumps? and the hard drive errors too?

Thank you very much!

Back