Random reboots driving me insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slime58

Built my system last year but am suffering from totally random re-boots.
Sometimes the machine totally re-boots three times in ten minutes & sometimes is fine for two or three weeks.
I have done a memory check (MemTest86+) & temperature check (SpeedFan) and everything appears okay. Have tested the memory as a pair AND individually. The re-boots started when playing graphics intensive games but now does it when playing non-graphics games such as 'Football Manager' or when browsing the web & I'm at a total loss now. It even re-boots when the PC is not being used.
Only sometimes does it give me the BSOD which is why I'm in this forum.

Thanks in advance for your help & I do appreciate what an awkward problem this may be to solve,

Slime58.

Attachments

• Mini021110-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini030510-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini030510-02.dmp
  • Mini042710-01.dmp
The most significant error is the 0xD1. These are usually caused by faulty drivers and in your case it is the ATI driver ati2mtag.sys.

I suggest doing the following...

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Thanks for your help Route44.
I've done what you asked & now wait with much aprehension!
I have some WhoCrashed analysis reports, would you like me to post those on the forum?

Regards,
Slime58.

P.S. I see a lot of chat about Ram voltages. How can I check mine?

Let's see how the latest drivers do before checking Vram. If it continues then I'll link you and even if it doesn't crash I'll still link you. :)

Hi Route44,
I've been monitoring it for a while now & there seems to be no change.
Fine for a couple of days & then it re-boots three times in twenty minutes, even when machine is on but not being used.
I'll disappear for a while & return to a desktop with no open programmes!
Could it be a RAM timings/voltage problem?
In anticipation,
Slime58.

Yes, it could be the RAM voltage settings. What does the BIOS show as your voltage settings compared to your memory manufacturer's voltage specs?

Yes, it could be the RAM voltage settings. What does the BIOS show as your voltage settings compared to your memory manufacturer's voltage specs?

Not 100% sure where to look, please bear with me on this.
According to CPU-Z, on the memory tab, my values are 5.0 - 5 - 5 - 18 - 54 - 2T, if that is what you're after.
On the SPD tab I get really confused.
JEDEC #1 (266 Mhz) 3.0 - 4 - 4 - 12 - 16 @ 1.8V
JEDEC #2 (333 Mhz) 4.0 - 5 - 5 - 15 - 20 @ 1.8V
JEDEC #3 (400 Mhz) 5.0 - 5 - 5 - 18 - 24 @ 1.8V
&
EPP #1 4.0 - 4 - 4 - 15 2T @ 2.200V
What does all this mean & is it correct?
Oh! My memory is OCZ2T800C44GK
My board is Asus P5Q Pro with Q6600 Quad core cpu.

Many thanks for your time & patience,
Slime58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back