Razer details specs of "Project Fiona" Windows 8 gaming tablet

By Jos
Dec 12, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Razer's gaming tablet concept, codenamed Project Fiona, was given the green light back in October after easily reaching a goal the company had set for itself of 10,000 Likes/Shares on Facebook to gauge public interest. The project soon began taking...

Read more
  2. Bye bye xbox surface :D
  3. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TechSpot Addict Posts: 865   +167

This thing looks very uncomfortable.
  4. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 564   +30

I just don't see this going very far. Maybe I just don't get it and I could be classified as a 'gamer'.
  5. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,259   +216

It's actually a pretty clever concept... It's like some weird love child, born of an illicit affair between a tablet, a gaming laptop, and a Wii U...

At least it's got some brawn behind the screen, it makes it much more attractive than something like the WikiPad. Will be interesting to see any benchmarks on what they end up with... And how easy/comfortable it is to hold for any length of time.
  6. Windows 8 is like an onion. It stinks!
  7. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 783   +85

Or you have to peel back the layers to see the potential. Negativity isn't always necessary.
    H3llion and RubinOnRye like this.
  8. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,197   +555

I7 with mid-range GPU? Twice the size of iPad? Win8? Gee, that's going to be some great 2 hour battery life.
  9. RubinOnRye

RubinOnRye Newcomer, in training Posts: 55

LOVE IT!!
  10. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 873   +80

I wonder the price, maybe they have something special for the battery tech but even then, the price would be stupid... might as well get a Gaming Laptop with a USB PS3/XBOX controller.

This is more of a gimmick really ... Oh well lets see how it all ends up.

+1 NTAPRO
  11. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,197   +555

There is no readily available battery tech that will allow Razer to fit the battery, CPU, GPU, and necessary cooling in such a small form factor..

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.