Reformat help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnrtool82

My computer seems to be running poorly and has other various problems. I am running Vista Basic on it, it came with it. Anyway, I'd like to reformat it to get it back to the way it was when I first got it many months ago, but alas, I have no idea what to do and was hoping someone could guide me. I think once I am back into Vista after it, I should be able to handle it - though I don't know where my drivers discs are, but I should be able to get them from the website. Any help would be appreciated.

First find your discs, then tell us what is the brand and model of computer, and whether you have an OEM version of VISTA, or a recovery disc set, or what.

- If you have have a Vista DVD boot to that,as described HERE then HERE (that is for Premium,but same routine)

Once it is installed you will have to go to Windows update,and check for driver updates elsewhere.

- If you only have restore discs, boot to the disc labeled 1 or A then follow the prompts.

- If you have no restore discs,ask the people who sold you the PC,for them.($20 ?)

- If you want to get your current system running better :

- Try a System Restore

- Run CCleaner

- Go into msconfig start up and uncheck everything except security progs.

-Do anti spyware scans with Spybot SD and Ad-Aware

- Post a HijackThis log in the Security forum.

- Run the Defragment tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back