Reocurring problem on 2 separate PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaige

Hello, this is my first post on any type of tech site regarding computer problems, and I'm hoping someone can help me. Recently my girlfriend and my computers have been rebooting themselves stop stop screen errors. The most recent one I have had is:

System Error

Category: 102

Event ID: 1003

Error code 0000000000000050, parameter1 fffffac002dba884, parameter2 0000000000000000, parameter3 fffff97fff6b1f7c, parameter4 0000000000000005.

Hers is:

System Error

Error code 0000001a, parameter1 00000780, parameter2 c06ce658, parameter3 81420b54, parameter4 000004c0.

I am not exactly sure what to make of it. The computers are identical in makes. The only difference is I am running 64 bit, and she is running 32 bit, they have the proper drivers for each of the different OS types.

Windows XP Professional 64 bit (Hers is 32 bit)
Version 2003
Service Pack 2
AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-Core Processor
2.20 GHz, 4.00 GB of RAM

ATI Radeon Graphics Processor(0x9505) HD 3800 Series

KSI K9A2 Platinum Motherboard

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000KSRTL 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Unsure what could be causing this problem, just looking for a good start. I've tried to fix the problems a few times and have really gotten no where. Not sure what this could be, and am unsure on how to view my mini-dumps for further information. If anyone has any idea, please help...

AMD with Service Pack 3? Do you also have Symantec security. Then there is your problem...
If you don't have that combination, what are you using for your firewall... if Comodo or Zone Alarm, there are a lot of similar problems reported.

I've taken the firewall off for the past day or so just to see if problems keep occurring and they do. No Symantec security however. I have AMD but it's service pack 2, not 3? Is there some type of issue with AMD and service packs? Or is it just 3? Again, new to all this information...just trying to resolve this.

No... Service Pack 3, combined with AMD processors, and mostly HP computers.

There are some significant problems between Microsoft Updates since June 15 and three firewalls... and some other security software... the brand of which I have forgotten.

But, as you have already noted, the key to this is both of your machines are affected, and you are apparently connected to the same IP? I find it intriguing that hers is 64 bit and yours is not... and the problem is the same... as 64 bit is so very different.

I would map it out on a spread sheet or a chart... all the common features of your two systems... But I suspect now that it is an infestation of some sort... So I would try some different security products... if you do not currently uise these:
MBAM MalwareBytes and SuperAntispyware
Adaware 2008
Avir Antivirus scan
and perhaps the Spyware Doctor 5.5 scan on each

Then run the latest download of HiJackThis, to see what you have in common on the log.

Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware running as I type this, Adaware I already had. I find no Avir anti virus, just Avira maybe? Spyware doctor not supported in XP 64 bit (my computer, hers is 32). I'll post the results of these for both computers, as well as my Hijackthis results. Thanks for the help so far

No service pack 3, AMD yes, not an HP comp. Using the same IP address, comps started to mess up on the same day...which leads me away from a hard ware issue because that would be awfully odd. Firewalls off for a few days, because they had been on and off restarting for a week or so, still doing so after firewalls disabled.

SuperAntiSpyware found 20 Tracking cookies, deleted.

Malwarebytes nothing so far. Running Adaware now.

I think I may have figured mine out, perhaps.

Her parameter indicates it is a problem with....

The PTEs mapping the argument system cache view have been corrupted.

Can anyone explain what this means? Is it RAM? HD? Hardware or software?

An interesting problem that is new to me... I hope you can find the time to update us later on about what you discovered.

Category 102 ID 1003 Code: 01a

System Error

Error code 0000001a, parameter1 00000780, parameter2 c06ce658, parameter3 81420b54, parameter4 000004c0.

I am not exactly sure what to make of it. The computers are identical in makes. The only difference is I am running 64 bit, and she is running 32 bit, they have the proper drivers for each of the different OS types.

Windows XP Professional 64 bit (Hers is 32 bit)
Version 2003
Service Pack 2
AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-Core Processor
2.20 GHz, 4.00 GB of RAM

ATI Radeon Graphics Processor(0x9505) HD 3800 Series

KSI K9A2 Platinum Motherboard

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000KSRTL 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Her parameter indicates it is a problem with....

The PTEs mapping the argument system cache view have been corrupted.

Can anyone explain what this means? Is it RAM? HD? Hardware or software?

I don't understand the terminology used here or what this problem entails, any additional information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Category 102 ID 1003 Code: 01a

Thank you for using the Event Viewer. Some tips for copying:

Once you have done the right click> Properties on an Error, the Error screen opens. There is a Copy icon below the down arrow on the right. Click on that, paste Error here (Ctril V) That will assure you give all the information and give it correctly. For instance, the string 0000000000000050 isn't valid.

You will find a helpful section on this page for troubleshooting Stop Errors:
General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages: http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back