[Request] Need XP driver for Dell Inspiron 1564

By sumeshmd
Mar 21, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. friends,

i just bought a dell inspiron 1564 laptop without OS and installed windows xp pro sp2 on it. now i cant find any drivers for it . dell is only providing 7 drivers through their website. i have googled for many times and didnt find any.

any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

sumesh
  2. sumeshmd

sumeshmd Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 83

i got the drivers from various sites..
  3. sumeshmd

4. Erik

Erik TechSpot Staff Posts: 290   +10 Staff Member

Hi there sumesh. Have you gotten all devices working? Is there something not working properly? video, audio, touchpad? Like you said there are no drivers for XP at dell.com for your laptop but you could use drivers from other laptops. For example, the Inspiron Mini 10 (1012) also has Realtek ALC272 Audio and official drivers for Windows XP. Personally I would just go the manufacturers for drivers. Let me know how it goes.

Erik
  5. sumeshmd

thanks erik. i got driver for video from intel site, audio from dell as you said and network from hp.
    only problem i am facing is laptop is very slow while booting up. i think it is because of SATA. i have installed in ATA mode. is there any way solve this? also the "fn" keys are also not functioning.
  6. Erik

I've been looking around and the Inspiron Mini 10 (1020) has the function key application from Dell for XP and it seems to have the same layout as your Inspiron 1564 (you would have to double check) and it also has a couple more of keyboard related application you might want to check out. I not sure what SATA controlled your laptop has but I think it's Intel. If this is the case you might want to check out the Intel Driver (Matrix Storage Manager) for the Vostro Notebook 1310. Vostro>1310>Windows XP>SATA Drives and see if that helps. Again let me know how it goes.
  7. sumeshmd

thanks erik..let me download and i will let you know..
  8. hrabiabw

hrabiabw Newcomer, in training

Drivers search

Hi All,

The same problem with installing Xp on Inspiron 1564. After long struggle, I’ve managed to reduce number of unknown devices up to three.

- network controller
    - video controller(vga compatible)
    - audio device on High Definition Audio

Where can I find drivers? I’m desperate. Appreciate help. Thanks in advance.

Bartek
  9. sumeshmd

vga you can download dirctly from intel.
    network controller , if it is wireless you can use dell inspiron 1545 xp driver. it will not install driver automatically. you have to extract the files and add driver through update driver-->install from a list or specific location -->dont search, i will choose-->have disk and then select your extracted files.

if sound is working in your laptop, then audio device is for modem i guess. i have not installed that.
  10. hrabiabw

Hi,
    Thanks a lot.

1. network controller - problem solved
    2. sound is working, so I'll skip it - problem solved
    3. vga - I can't find correct file. Can you give me direct patch (url) to the driver?

to be precise
    - Chipset Intel HM55
    - graphic card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330

Thanks in advance
    Best Regards,
    Bartek
  11. sumeshmd

my graphics card is intel 5 series. if it is radeon then try in their website.i dont know any other models are using the same display.

12. Erik

Just yesterday we posted new Catalyst Drivers for Radeon cards. Although the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 is not mentioned in the release notes, these are unified drivers and should work. Here are the links:

Windows XP 32-bit
    Windows XP 64-bit

Let us know if they solve your VGA problem.
  13. sumeshmd

erik,

i couldnt find mini 1020 drivers, instead i got 1010. some of the fn keys are working with this. and about SATA, it is something else.
  14. hrabiabw

Hi All,

Just reached my goal. Solution:

1. Download ATI Catalyst™ Display Driver dedicated to desktop cards from hardware vendor site
    2. Use the DH Mobility Modder
    3. Add driver through update driver

Thanks again,
    Bartek
  15. Erik

Bartek, great to hear you got everything solved. sumesh, not sure what else to do about our SATA issue. What controller does your laptop have?
  16. gogumakilla

gogumakilla Newcomer, in training

Still need that xp wireless driver for 1564

Hey Sumesh,

Could you please tell me the exact link of where to find the wireless driver that worked for you? I have tried everything and still have not found it. Thanks
  17. emran

emran Newcomer, in training

Hello to all,
    My company bought me a Dell Inspiron 1564 with Intel Core i3 processor.
    It did not come with any OS or Drivers so i installed Win XP Professional 32 Bit SP2, but later i found out that my notebook does not support win XP.
    I found out the drivers by going to RealTek and Intel's website but i cant find the following drivers.

Network Controller (wireless & Blue tooth)
    PCI Simple Communications Controller
    SM Bus Controller

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    I would upgrade to Windows 7 but the problem is i have to use a software called Network Engineer by Telcordia and it does not work well with Windows 7.

Take care all.
  18. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,385   +205

emran, with Windows 7 you could try running the Telcordia program under Windows XP compatibility mode.

19. emran

Hi mailpup,
    I tried running the Telcordia software under Windows XP SP2 & SP3 compatibilty mode but the software gives License Error.
    It runs fine on other User's Laptops that have Windows XP.
    We have training in a Lab environment for Network Engineer.
    I have all the drivers ,i just need the Wireless LAN driver so i can browse internet at home & office.
    It's ok if i dont find the Bluetooth driver as its not that important.
    ==============================================
    Ok i went to a website called pcidatabase that asks you to enter the DEV and VEN information and tells you the make of your hardware.
    The wireless LAN hardware in my laptop is from Braodcom but i am having problem determining the exact driver that will be used as there are too many.
  20. simplyxyz

simplyxyz Newcomer, in training

Hi sumesh,erik,emran,hrabiabw
    Friends recently i purchased Dell inspiron 1564 laptop.it is necessary for me to install a Windows xp so i cant able to find the drivers for XP in intel and amd websites. please help me regarding main drivers like Chipset,display,audio and ethernet .if any body post the link directly then it is very helpfull for me.
    thanks in advance.
  21. simplyxyz

simplyxyz Newcomer, in training

HI Sumesh,Erik Emran and others,
    Recently i purchased Dell 1564 laptop with windows 7 64bit home premium. but it is necessary for me to install windows Xp so i cant able to find the drivers in the manufacturer websites. i am new to this so,please post the links especially i need Chipset driver,Display driver,Audio driver and ethernet driver. please help me regargding this. if any body post the driver links i am very much thankful to them,
    thanks in advance
  22. sumeshmd

i have used the wireless driver for dell 1545 laptop. you have to install through add new hardware wizard.otherwise it will say that your product is not supported.

chipset, you can download from intel, if it is intel 5 series.

audio also can be downloaded from dell. i guess 1545 driver .
  23. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,385   +205

sumeshmd, perhaps you can use a USB wireless adapter for your laptop as a workaround. They should come with XP drivers, if needed. I'm using one for one of my desktops and they are not that expensive.
  24. sumeshmd

thanks mailpup for your helping mentality. i have already solved my problems.now simplyxyz needs some help.
  25. emran

=================================================================

Hi simplyxyz,
    For the LAN driver go to RealTek website and search
    Realtek RTL8111DL Ethernet Controller.

For VIDEO CARD go to Intel's website and search for
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD

Sorry its not allowed to post URL's here otherwise i would send you the link from where i got my drivers.
    Take care.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.