Riddle Me This...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I am not a network guru, but I have done some basic network setups with my trusty Linksys WRT55AG (modem to router, router to Computer X via either ethernet cable or wireless). I am familiar with setting IP addresses, but I'm still a little foggy on how everything sorts out with DNS addresses. This being said, my ultimate goal seems a tad lofty to me, and I'm not even sure the setup I'm trying to accomplish is even possible...

I just moved into a basement apartment and I have a wireless Verizon connection that works well in various spots, and not so well in others. I have been trying to route internet from my Vista laptop through the WRT55AG wirelessly, broadcasting to all other computers on the network... I don't even know where to begin, as Vista is a vast and strange landscape in my XP-oriented mind.

Help?

Way too much to post here. Try a book from the library, where even the two main Networking for Dummies books are excellent for this... Amazon has quite a selection, but watch out for publication dates.

Hi,

I suggest you read a basic guide to the Internet HERE then Jobeard`s Basic Networking HERE

then one of the many guides about Wi fi networking HERE then something Vista specific HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back