Rockstar to release Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on mobile platforms next month

By Shawn Knight
Nov 26, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Rockstar Games on Tuesday revealed that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be coming to Amazon Kindle, Android, iOS and Windows Mobile next month, joining Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City...

Read more
  2. t3chn0vamp

t3chn0vamp TechSpot Booster Posts: 147   +19

3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,470   +299

This is simply awesome, does anyone know of a wireless controller for the iPad? Would love to hook up my iPad to the tv and use a controller to play this!
  4. bob333

bob333 Newcomer, in training Posts: 30

Perfect Timing!!

Next week I will be receiving my Nexus 5, big screen and powerful phone = awesome gaming!!
  5. Henjo

Henjo Newcomer, in training

That's great, but Rockstar how about. Atleast considering how GTA started on the PC. Doing remastered version of Gta 3/Vice City and San Andreas on the PC?. All of these games do not work properly on Win8. (San andreas has mouse problems, III and Vice you do need to have frame-limiter on). Plus updating III and Vice City controls to be more like San Andreas (like how you can use the mouse to look around in your car).

Anyhow, Great that San andreas is coming on my phone. Something I've always wanted.
  6. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 893   +98

But you know, DON'T bring GTA V to PC any time soon... Gonna be interesting what kind of compression is used for this feat, San Andreas was the biggest GTA ever in it's time, the PC version alone requires almost 4GB. Vice City requires 1.4 GB on Android as it is, I would think 4 GB is getting a little big for a mobile device, even with the ever increasing storage capacities, the average is probably around 8 GB which equates to half your phones storage. I don't know if it's just me, but the idea of playing San Andreas with touch input and on a tiny *** screen just doesn't sound fun, factor in the limited time frame you have while on the go and it's a big no thanks. If I want to play it on my big screen, I'll plug in my PS2, or play it off my PC. Now port it to say, the PS Vita, and I'll pick it up.
  7. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

Would be very nice to have san andreas on handheld I admit. People have wanted that for years on the psp
  8. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,859   +343

More releases like this = Gaming attachment purchase from me
  9. If my windows mobile they also mean windows 8/RT this will basically be a new pc port.
  10. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 951   +98

Hope it will be damn optimized though, Vice City plays terribly on my S4.
  11. I have my Nexus 5 ready to go. Come on San Andreas!

12. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,815   +702

I loved San Andreas when I played on PC back in the day along with GTA III & Vice City (arguably the best game I've played yet thanks to the music and era which never gets old as far as I'm concerned) but mobile gaming is really not my thing. I'll pass.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.