TechSpot

Rumor: Google Chrome OS tablet coming November 26

By Matthew
Aug 18, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. It was rumored in May that Google was developing an iPad rival, and an unnamed tipster cited by Download Squad has shed more light on the project. The device will supposedly use Chrome OS and it's being built by HTC, the same folks who made Google's Nexus One smartphone. Unsurprisingly, the tablet will use Verizon's wireless network, and it could be heavily subsidized or even free when purchased with a data contract. Note: the picture is a mock-up.

Read the whole story

2. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Guru Posts: 686   +47

I picture a giant HTC HD2 with google chrome on it which wouldn be kinda cool. I am always looking and hoping for a tablet to use for school maybe this will be the one.

3. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 903   +52

If it lets me open pdf files and is not crazy expensive than I'll take one.

4. kyosuke

kyosuke TS Rookie Posts: 47

I like the HP Slate but Google can produce great stuff more so when not connected with Sprint

5. Regenweald

Regenweald TS Rookie Posts: 143

The Nexus one brought a resounding 'Meh' to the smartphone world. I almost expect the same of the tablet. I wonder if they'll make it require a google account to use it ? All the secrecy then the final device just makes you go: "Oh, ok...."

6. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Maniac Posts: 431   +8

I can't wait until Tablets replace Laptops for everyday use.

7. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,511   +314

+1 for that, Laptops P*ss me off no end.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.