Rumor: new iPhone to be announced on August 7

By Shawn Knight
Jul 16, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. The next iPhone could be unveiled as early as August 7 if a tip from Know Your Mobile is true. A trusted industry source told the publication that Apple will host a media event that day where Cupertino will introduce…

Read more
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,550   +594

I don't use smart phones, so really don't keep on top of it. But didn't Apple just recently release a new version of the iPhone? I recall reading recent articles about people standing in line to get one.
  3. reinisnud

reinisnud TS Rookie

iPhone 4S hit the market last October
  4. apple , if you get ride of iStink cause it needs iTunes to Isync it, I might consider buying your product. And if you make the screen 5" like most "smart" phone where I don't have to put the phone 3inches to my face to watch a YouTube video. thank you very much.
  5. Rippleman

Rippleman TS Maniac Posts: 520   +139

why not just buy a phone that matches your needs?
  6. dennis777

dennis777 TS Enthusiast Posts: 285   +33

"the new iphone", "the new ipad"
  7. dummybait

dummybait TS Rookie Posts: 45

5" ?? where?
  8. grumpyitbloke

grumpyitbloke TS Rookie

In terms of hardware I would simply like the next iPhone to be thinner, with an edge to edge screen, and no physical home button. I don't want the handset to be any bigger (although I fear this will happen). The Samsung GS3 is just too big for me - it's practically a tablet. I think the main features that I will be looking for in the new iPhone however will be tied in with iOS 6 as opposed to the actual hardware.
  9. Yet another apple device a tiny bit different from the last which the faithful will throw their money at. Yawn.