Sims 2 Deluxe installation help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sims 2 Deluxe installation help [solved]

Hi,
I recently bought this game online, and have been trying to install it for the last hour.

The AutoRun works fine, but as soon as I select my language, it tells me to "please insert disk 1." Well, I've tried both discs (Bonus DVD and the program disc) but neither is recognized.
I'm not sure if I got screwed by the person from whom I bought it, or if there's something up with my laptop.

I'm running XP home, and followed the directions to shut down McAfee and background processes. I have a DVDrom drive, and so that shouldn't be a problem. Can't figure out what else to do.
Thanks.

Do you have your harddrive partitioned? I've noticed with a couple of game installations that it points by default to "D:\", even when the optical drive isn't listed as such.

If you don't know then you can usually tell just by going to my computer. If there are two hard disks listed then it is. If not then it's not.

IS it the original Cd's? You could try mounting the disks with alcohol 120% and trying that, but aside from that I don't know.

Searched a bit more online for solutions. Have now attempted installing it from my own HD. So far - I've gotten further than I had.
Crossing my fingers for a smooth installation.

Thank you both!

Edit: And all is well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back