TechSpot

So many case fans which to choose from?

By larryiam
Jun 17, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok i got my case yesterday when it was sold there http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=T925-1262
    and it came with the piece of junk 120mm fan in the rear. Now i need to find another case fan. It need to be around 30-40CFM to i can have equal pressure in my system. here is the fan in front of my case. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1120775&CatId=802
    Oh and i can buy fans from NEWEGG because tax isnt much on these. Any suggestions? Thanks!! any one more question i have a ati radeon visiontek X1300 pci video card and the little fan on its started making noise what do you recommend i do about this? i usually run my computer 24/7.

2. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Obi-Wan Jerkobi TS Maniac Posts: 592

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811998121
    Is 63 CFM okay or no?

And about the Radeon...wow all of your old stuff is falling apart now that you're putting a new pc together. :p
    Anyway...could you upload a picture of your 1300 so I can get an Idea of what kind of replacement fan it could use?

3. larryiam

larryiam TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 577

4. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

The one I chose is louder, but it moves about 40% more air than that enermax one, but I guess what you're aiming for is quietness.

Quiet = Enermax
    Lotza Air = Apevia

You might also want to try cleaning out the video card fan with a little compressed air. :)

5. larryiam

HAHA! Really im aiming at longer life for the fan and balanced airflow in my case. or would that be a problem? im using the fan as an exhaust fan. But the problem is i have tried with the compressed air i even took it out and cleaned every inch of it no luck

6. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Then, I would go with the Enermax as case fan, as it uses a better bearing than the Apevia, which uses a generic ball bearing. Sorry I can't really suggest anything about the vid card fan until I get a better picture. :p But, I guess then I'll have a better suggestion if I do. lol

7. larryiam

ok sounds good. would a multi colored fan look better or plain blue for the exhaust? My intake fan has blue led's. Ill get you that pic tomorrow. ill take it from my fone. lol

8. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

I would want the two fans to match, I would keep the colors the same, considering the case you have, if you get multicolored it will mess up the style. (This is from an artist standpoint :haha:)

9. larryiam

ok thanks. good advise!

10. larryiam

11. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

You accidentaly put 2 enermaxes lol, but I would go with Apevia and Enermax as they are most reliable.

12. larryiam

Sorry fixed! lol its late and im tired. :stickout: so out of the two which would you choose? i keep my pc on 24/7 almost all of the time

13. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

2 Enermaxes, a good bearing mechanism will keep those fans running for years.

14. larryiam

ok thanks man!!! enermax it is!! Sweetness!

15. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Hope they work superior to my 120mm fans! Mine's are kinda loud. :p

16. larryiam

well i really don't care about loudness unless they sound like a jet taking off. lol i want quality to last. :approve:

17. larryiam

18. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Hmm...this one's a toughie, I didn't realize it was SFF...it has a funky cooler too, I can't find a fan with a screw in the right place...

Gr8, now I need help with this... :p

This is a message to all VGA cooling experts, is there any way we can replace the fan of the card shown above?

19. boykov

boykov TS Rookie Posts: 131

Hi

I would suggest replacing the whole heatsink and fan... to find only the fan you need to make sure the dimensins of the fan and screw distances are the same...

if you decide to replace the whole "kit" (heatsink and fan) make sure the heatsink covers the vga memory or the kit is bunduled with memory heatsinks, like this one ...
    cheers

20. larryiam

so what would be a good vga heatsink and cooler?

21. boykov

boykov TS Rookie Posts: 131

Not that easy to find a heatsink with reference to this model...
    I found this passive heatsink/cooler

the heatsink and cooler i previously mentioned should be fine as well ... being a "universal model" ...

cheers

22. larryiam

Ok thanks!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.