Software suggestion for "Downloads": PeaZip

By giorgiotani
Jan 15, 2009
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, I'm author of PeaZip free file and archive manager, released under LGPL license.

It supports most of mainstream archive formats (ZIP, 7Z, TAR, etc, and ACE, CAB, ISO, RAR etc for extraction), supports encryption and file spanning, and is available for Windows and Linux, for both platforms either as installable package or portable (standalone) software.

I read on the forum you not longer accept software submission for "Downloads" page, but rather prefer to pick software you feel worthy, so I would like to post here to suggest PeaZip project in the hope you may find that software interesting.

(I cannot post links as it is my first post in the forum, however application's website is not hard to find as it is hosted by SourceForge, on peazip.sourceforge.net)
  2. giorgiotani

giorgiotani Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Hi, from the last post PeaZip project had moved to Google Code and official download website is now http://www.peazip.org/
    Latest release is PeaZip 3.8, published yesterday.
  3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,520   +311

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.