PeaZip is a free file and archive manager, based on solid and proven Open Source technology of 7-Zip for handling mainstream archive formats, and other great Open Source tools (like FreeARC, PAQ, UPX...) for supporting additional file formats and features, in order to provide an all purpose zip utility featuring a powerful unified GUI that, unlike most of other classic file archivers like i.e. WinZip and WinRar, is natively portable and cross-platform.
PeaZip is mainly written in Free Pascal, using Lazarus. It is free software, released under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License.
Supports 7Z, 7-Zip sfx, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA/LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.
Free cross platform, portable file compression utility and file manager.
- Supported systems: any Linux i386, any Linux x86_64 with ia-32 libs
- DEB packages are for: Debian, Ubuntu/Kubuntu, Knoppix, ...
- RPM packages are for: Fedora, Mandriva, SUSE, Red Hat, ArkLinux, ...
- TGZ packages are for Slackware based distibutions.
- Various fixes, visual updates and code cleanup
- Improved DPI awareness
- New command line directive "-peaziplanguage" to programmatically change application's localization second parameter is the name of the localization file, proper localization directory "lang" is resolved by the program example: peazip.exe -peaziplanguage it.txt please note if other instances of PeaZip are open, they will overwrite language in configuration when they close
- Added tabbed browsing
- Tab bar is toggled from "Tab bar" entry available in from main menu > Organize, and in address bar and tab bar context menus
- Tab bar is also shown clicking on "Open in a new tab" in context menu
- Tabs can be added, deleted, moved, and resized
- Added rename options (context menu, File manager > Rename) : prepend and append parent directory name
- Improved rename dialog (F2)
Extraction and Archiving
- Added option to archive and extract using relative, full, or absolute paths (non-persistent value, in advanced options) for 7z / p7zip supported archive formats
- Improved archive conversion
- If "Add each object to a separate archive" is checked (default), no extra root foder is added to the converted archive (supported for conversion toward all 7z/p7zip formats)
- If the option is unchecked (consolidate multiple archives into one), it is added an extra folder with archive name to keep content separated
- Improved Windows installer
- Archiving, extraction, browsing, and tools groups are now divided by separators for ease of use "CRC, hash and file tools" (PeaUtils) was added as default entry
- Localization can now be set from installer
Apps similar to PeaZip for Linux 3
WinZip is bar none, the most popular and useful file compression utility out there.
Free, open source archiver featuring volume spanning, authenticated encryption and compression in several formats. Supports 7Z, 7-Zip, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA/LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.
WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files.