PeaZip is a free file and archive manager, based on solid and proven Open Source technology of 7-Zip for handling mainstream archive formats, and other great Open Source tools (like FreeARC, PAQ, UPX...) for supporting additional file formats and features, in order to provide an all purpose zip utility featuring a powerful unified GUI that, unlike most of other classic file archivers like i.e. WinZip and WinRar, is natively portable and cross-platform.
PeaZip is mainly written in Free Pascal, using Lazarus. It is free software, released under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License.
Supports 7Z, 7-Zip sfx, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA/LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.
- PeaZip 7.4.1 introduces GUI refresh and improves working with 7Z, ARC, PEA, RAR, and ZIPX archive types.
- It is now possible to use new fast compression algorithms in 7Z format: Brotli, Fast-LZMA2, Lizard, LZ4, LZ5, and Zstandard are now available, providing faster-than-Deflate compression with better speed-to-compression-ratio efficiency.
- PEA now supports multiple cascade encryption, i.e. AES+Twofish+Serpent, each 256 bit in EAX mode.
- RAR archives are now fully read-write supported from PeaZip if Rar.exe is featured in the system: it is possible to update, edit, rename, and delete files in existing RAR archives, and more RAR-specific options are supported (set comment, lock archive, header encryption, set recovery records percentage).
- ZIPX archives can now be edited, and it is possible to optionally use .zipx extension when creating non-Deflate compressed .zip archives.
- It is now possible to repair ARC and RAR files, and even to attempt recovery if the archive cannot be opened for browsing.
A total of 210 file extensions can now be managed by PeaZip.
Translations are available in over than 30 languages, any help is welcome to translate PeaZip to new languages and to maintain current localizations up to date, so please consider taking the time to give a look to translations directory for newer language files and for any resource useful for translators.
Software similar to PeaZip 6
WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files.
- Free to Try
WinZip is bar none, the most popular and useful file compression utility out there.
- Free to Try
7-Zip is a file archiver with high compression ratio.