PeaZip is a free file and archive manager, based on solid and proven Open Source technology of 7-Zip for handling mainstream archive formats, and other great Open Source tools (like FreeARC, PAQ, UPX...) for supporting additional file formats and features, in order to provide an all purpose zip utility featuring a powerful unified GUI that, unlike most of other classic file archivers like i.e. WinZip and WinRar, is natively portable and cross-platform.
PeaZip is mainly written in Free Pascal, using Lazarus. It is free software, released under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License.
Supports 7Z, 7-Zip sfx, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA/LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.
- (Windows) 7z 17.01 beta
- (Windows) zipx 7.15
- UPX 3.94
- Updated GUI and themes
- Can now move and rename objects inside existing archives (7z/p7zip supported formats)
Extraction and Archiving
- Added option to force browsing of archives containing errors (default off)
- Added option to show which options are volatile (context dependent) rather than persistent
- Improved archive conversion
- "Change password" switch (default off) asks to provide a new password to be applied to converted archive(s), otherwise current password (if any) will be applied - decompression stage test current password for each input archive, asking new password in case of error
- Improved support for WIM format
- in archiving and extraction interfaces, Advanced tab, were added options to operate including NT security information and NTFS Alternate Data Stream
- file manager shows SHA-1 hash value for items in WIM archives
- Scheduled deletion after archiving/extraction will not be performed if errors are detected
- Privacy directive is available as GUI option
- 0 default, no password request
- 1 application asks for password when starts, skippable
- 2 application asks for password when starts, not skippable (password or keyfile must be provided)
- Updated Wolfgang Ehrhardt's crypto library units
- Various fixes and improvements
Apps similar to PeaZip 6
WinZip is bar none, the most popular and useful file compression utility out there.
WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files.
7-Zip is a file archiver with high compression ratio.