PeaZip is a free file and archive manager, based on solid and proven Open Source technology of 7-Zip for handling mainstream archive formats, and other great Open Source tools (like FreeARC, PAQ, UPX...) for supporting additional file formats and features, in order to provide an all purpose zip utility featuring a powerful unified GUI that, unlike most of other classic file archivers like i.e. WinZip and WinRar, is natively portable and cross-platform.
PeaZip is mainly written in Free Pascal, using Lazarus. It is free software, released under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License.
Supports 7Z, 7-Zip sfx, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA/LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.
PeaZip 9.4.0 introduces support for adding, editing, and removing archive-level comments in RAR and ZIP/ZIPX files, interactively (Alt+M) and from batch scripts, on single or multiple archives at once even of mixed types.
It is now possible to directly add files and folders to archives in Brotli, BZip2, GZip, TAR, WIM, XZ, Zstd, and Zpaq formats (from command line, Automator scripts, .desktop files, and context menu items), and it was updated the (peazip)/res/share/batch folder containing scripting and system integration examples.
A total of 234 file extensions can now be opened as archives by PeaZip, with the addition of Apple iWork file formats.
PeaZip 9.3.0 changelog
- PeaZip 9.3.0 improves the archive / file manager, adding the ability to display file-level comments in archives, and showing if current archive type can be edited.
- Free space is now checked before archiving and extraction tasks.
- It is now possible to manually set the Rar.exe or equivalent binary for RAR creation, to improve support for that function on Wine and other non-Windows based alternatives.
- 7z backend is updated to 23.01, and Pea to 1.13 release.
- Themes are improved with new Contrast setting, and being now able to customize icons for archive types.
PeaZip 9.1.0 changelog
PeaZip 9.1.0 brings a major restyle in application's look & feel and themes, and many usability improvements for the file manager, and archiving / extraction screens. The scripting engine was refined, with the ability to adapt the syntax for a specific 7z version at runtime, and to export archive conversion tasks as scripts.
Support for TAR, Brotli, and Zstandard formats was improved.
A new PeaZip Portable package for BSD systems on x86_64 architecture is now available.
A total of 230 file extensions can now be opened as archives by PeaZip.
Translations are available in over than 30 languages, any help is welcome to translate PeaZip to new languages and to maintain current localizations up to date, so please consider taking the time to give a look to translations repository for newer language files and for any resource useful for translators.
SHA256 hash values of 9.1.0 packages
- peazip-9.1.0.about_translations.zip 5754f69ea8c9fb744d81bb33e70c1d8297b2969cff32c52d433fde4842a7be02
- peazip-9.1.0.DARWIN.aarch64.dmg 6bdb9c6f93f8b895cc810ddd4d77c7292f2e61364908fe1c4227917fd5a551f5
- peazip-9.1.0.DARWIN.x86_64.dmg 108cde1885750d78bbd33f9cc46ea09278a0bc87e1cae6e0686027af7fac4e0f
- peazip-9.1.0.LINUX.GTK2-1.x86_64.rpm 050b8eb18c244d6c7d991f0bb25692a43f485cbf60f08d9968de1321920d40aa
- peazip-9.1.0.LINUX.Qt5-1.x86_64.rpm f2abd125f3f50c2f99e007f59940a2a17cd5a26f2b7b064a2dc579d58e92e880
- peazip-9.1.0.pack.zip 7392d41c92183ca33cadcc4c1890e8c6d902faae2a732e188c43e7ee579825c4
- peazip-9.1.0.src.zip 05273316cf0419aa3b980ec0d27275a6aae94dd7e647688879dd0946422f23dd
- peazip-9.1.0.WIN64.exe 4a7d3fe5366c60bf35e8ab6e5010d9c033d157d728801aff1a8d67a4c42afccf
- peazip-9.1.0.WINDOWS.exe 4535722b3d475a841b835e6097e10f9786a95ab1ce10329e6b676f587a43f230
- PeaZip_126.96.36.199_x64__m1xx1d1szsx2y.msix 2ec3f789569dd089c9d5a4d94a3a319e0c2d60276e3ef2a33b623baa09b4091e
- peazip_9.1.0.LINUX.GTK2-1_amd64.deb 5f3012dd098f291a663367b22028c60493bf045a5b655a762cf4b8d671cc08c2
- peazip_9.1.0.LINUX.Qt5-1_amd64.deb 674dcea19359615c1905d501706c6c53a71a08c86a02bbbb440d92e0c1a4810a
- peazip_help.pdf 0c01a3af45f9715919d8c8d5ab8fa1dc9b5c9939ece26e41364037dfe5cef056
- peazip_portable-9.1.0.BSD.GTK2.x86_64.tar.gz 41244df6ff6921075b4cb51309a5530b625a2e5da31b772f9d1f3431caf0bd93
- peazip_portable-9.1.0.LINUX.GTK2.x86_64.tar.gz f236cb11d7c648de15623dcf0b6f411749518ffd6755a4ac664da3dee103d04a
- peazip_portable-9.1.0.LINUX.Qt5.x86_64.tar.gz 9f995bfc8c1708794a4beae9ac17e0a45087b02494f045bb2b859ad66ceaa542
- peazip_portable-9.1.0.WIN64.zip d06d39a695376092c458a677a617a917b747cd8b879aa332872dfe2b3248da09
- peazip_portable-9.1.0.WINDOWS.zip 750e81d403a151f088c9928309f80adca695d253f404894371a0e9e3aa2bcf64
Software similar to PeaZip 6
7-Zip is a free file archiver with a high compression ratio.
Powerful archive manager can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files.
- Free to Try
WinZip is bar none, the most popular and useful file compression utility out there.
- Free to Try
More similar downloads