Some kind of virus gotten off limewire, cant open task manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very annoying problem. I downloaded a bad file off of a P2P network Morpheus. Even after deleting the file my Morpheus would open and reopen and download hundreds of random applications. I have since deleted Morpheus, thinking it was the problem, and gotten limewire, but before downloading i experienced the same problem that it would pop up by itself every 5 minutes. I have deleted Limewire, but now it still tries to open, but gives an error file. i have gotten rid of this, but i find that i still cannot open my task manager in any way i have tried: ctrl+atl+del, clicking the taskbar and going to manager, and regedit; none work. I think that this may be a virus or some sort of adware that i cant get rid of because i scan my computer repeatedly with all my programs but it comes up clean. PLEASE HELP ME REGAIN MY TASK MANAGER!

To be straight, you're an EEJIT and you deserve all the crap that you got on your PC now!
Installing a P2P program is a dead-certain way to kill your PC sooner rather than later.

Go to the Security forum and check there for Limewire-related posts.
Luckily for you, we also offer solutions there.
Before you post anything there, READ the 'STICKIES' and follow the advice given in those threads!

RBS, I think you have also seen enough posts of "can't open task manage".

I think it's time for a sticky for just that problem. Don't you think? Maybe I'll write one...

sorry

im sorry but im kinda new to this and i really dont understand what a sticky is and i have read other posts about similar problems but none of them have answers. but if anyone out there can help i would really appreciate it because i cannot open my task manager and can't see hwats going on in my cpu. i keep doing scans with all my programs but it says its clean even though i know something is wrong. please help me

stickies say READ at the top of each forum.

they answer FAQs (Frequently asked questions)

RBS, I have written an article about Task Manager. Will be uploading tonight, not sure if I should put it in security, or just in the windows os forum though. Since it's not really a security thing, but then is kinda, dunno.

Keep an eye out for it, took me all night to write it!

well, Taskmanager tends to be disabled usually as a result of a security issue in the form of a virus or worm I think, so it's probably better to post it here in the security forum in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back