Sony Pictures reportedly bails on Aaron Sorkin's Steve Jobs biopic

By Shawn Knight
Nov 20, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The Steve Jobs biopic that's been capturing headlines for the last six months or so has hit yet another setback. In a surprise turnaround, Sony Pictures has decided to ditch the project according to a new report from Variety.

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

If it's ever released it looks like it's destined to be released as a B rated movie. I certainly wouldn't be interested in spending money on tickets to watch it anyway.
  3. TheDreams

TheDreams TS Addict Posts: 599   +57

Dang I was looking forward to it.
  4. They bailed after Christian Bale bailed?
    TheDreams likes this.
  5. EClyde

EClyde TS Maniac Posts: 616   +143

I'm crushed. Boo Hoo
  6. bexwhitt

bexwhitt TS Addict Posts: 289   +55

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
  7. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,498   +673

LOL .... maybe, just maybe somebody out there really started to dig into Steve's past and found out what a pathetic excuse for a human being he actually was! When the "other Steve" had a lot more to say about Apple, we had a machine we could easily access to guts, make changes and have fun! In those days if Apple announced a new product the advanced orders came in so fast that our worst complaint was having to wait in line for the delivery ... and best of all, the average computer user understood peeks & pokes, apple basic, and didn't have to call the geek squad and spend hundreds of dollars on a bad cable.

Yeah, it's hell to get old .... but I have such fond memories ... even if they are only in 8 byte .....
  8. Forg0t2

Forg0t2 TS Booster Posts: 147   +25

Steve Jobs never was the brain behind the technology. He was the man that knew how to run bussiness. Turn water into wine, and even though it was still water everyone tasted wine. Making great technological products doesn't keep you alive in modern society, its the brain that knows how to do bussiness that keeps you running. And if you are good enough at it you can sell crap for top dollars.

And when I digged into Steve Jobs I saw that when he left Apple, the entire brand was going down the drain and that the other company Steve started (Next) was making money because of knowing how to talk to the market. So if you would dig into Steve as well you would've found out that he is not the brain behind the technical stuff but the brain how to turn that technology into hard cash.
  9. p51d007

p51d007 TS Evangelist Posts: 853   +352

Just stick it on AMC, A&E, WE, Oprah and be done with it.
  10. Hasbean

Hasbean TS Enthusiast Posts: 98   +22

How could they can it, there's already a line-up at the local movie theatre!