Splitting up a bootable file

StateGuy

Here's the situation:

We have PC's out in the field, this particular model does not have DVD's, CD players only. I've used Ghost to create an image (GHO and GHS files), but it totals up to almost 8 gigs (so I couldn't create a single bootable DVD anyway).

How can I split the files up among CDs so that I can boot from them (of need be) and it prompt me to go through all of the CDs?

If this is about as clear as mud, let me know and I'll try to de-muddy it a bit. :)

PowerISO can split into multiple ISO's, which I assume is what you'd need: http://www.poweriso.com/faq.htm

Also, 8.5GB is possible with a DVD DL disc. I regularly use them. :)

You may well be better off purchasing an external USB DVD drive though, it simplifies the whole process, especially when one DVD DL disc can handle everything you need to achieve.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot!

As to the portable burner, this is for work and the budget is tight :(

PowerISO can split into multiple ISO's, which I assume is what you'd need: poweriso

Also, 8.5GB is possible with a DVD DL disc. I regularly use them. :)

You may well be better off purchasing an external USB DVD drive though, it simplifies the whole process, especially when one DVD DL disc can handle everything you need to achieve.

So basically I'll need to put the Ghost files into a single ISO then PowerISO will split that up into whatever I need?

Thanks, I'll give that a shot!

As to the portable burner, this is for work and the budget is tight :(

It might be, but in a work environment sometimes the best thing is the right tool to do the job - It saves on much wasted time.

Have a go with PowerISO, but I have no idea if its free, or whether it costs, in which case you'd be wiser to just purchase an external dvd drive anyway. They're pretty cheap these days.

Back