1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Spotify "paints it black" with massive UI overhaul

By Justin Kahn ยท 7 replies
Apr 2, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Today Spotify launched arguably the most significant overhaul to the look and feel of its service since it was introduced some 6 years ago. Spotify users on browsers, the desktop and iOS should notice an all new painted in black...

Read more

2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,411   +339

Oh great so android users loose out.... and mine on pc hasnt updated yet....

3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar Elite Techno Geek Posts: 6,498   +971

Same. I even downloaded it from the site, same old version.

4. Valkyrie743

Valkyrie743 TS Rookie

same. I think they are rolling it out over time so they dont kill server all at once.

5. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,411   +339

They probably got the dates wrong and the dude that posted it on spotifies blog thinks its april 1st.

6. AnonymousSurfer

AnonymousSurfer TS Guru Posts: 452   +40

Hmmm... I'm not sure if this is an April fools joke or if it's real? The video was released on the 1st, and I haven't received an update notification on either platform and I am a premium member... Guess I'll just have to wait and see

7. darkzelda

darkzelda TS Addict Posts: 265   +92

Meanwhile I'm waiting for a metro app for windows 8, I'm so close to cancel my premium subscription...

8. Why the HELL METRO?!!