Stop error 0x0000007e help wanted

jsd73

hi ive got this stop error message and dont know how to fix it.

ive got a packard bell easynote L4 series laptop. windows xp service pack 3 on it.

windows loads up then reboots at the login page. ive pressed F8 and disabled automatic reboot at system fail and get a blue screen with this error message.

***STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x838B6922, 0xF790B7A8, 0xF90B4A4)

I cant get into save mode, or normal windows and nothing happens when selecting restore to last good load option in F8.

i cant do chkdisk as i dont know how to get into dos on win XP.

can anyone help please!

Reboots at the XP login? If this is true, you may have a bad driver or the XP install is corrupt. Did you download anything or install and update before this happened?

I updated my blackberry desktop software before and that was working ok. just now I turn on my laptop and it loads up then as soon as it gets to the page where I have to put in my password it reboots. ive gone into F8 and diabled the auto reboot on system failure and that when I can see the error message. its the same when I go into safe mode, it loads up then reboots.

last thing I did on my laptop was turn it on and it loaded it ok got past the login page and it had fully loaded it had connected to my broadband automatically like normal via wifi at home as I could see the icon at the bottom then I clicked on firefox and thats when my laptop died. I turned my laptop back on and thats when I started getting the trouble

Attachments

• IMG00016-20110530-2047.jpg
    IMG00016-20110530-2047.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 0
Back