TechSpot

System error w/ ASPI32.SYS

By Lugh
Jan 17, 2008
  1. \SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\ASPI32.SYS has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

Of course Microsoft has no clue what's going on. Any ideas on how to remove or update (preferably remove) this driver and/or the program that uses it?

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

MS info (response)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/182542/en-us

To remove this error, you need to locate the program that tried to install the ASPI drivers (namely 32bit - not working with your 64 Bit)

Or, you could do a System Restore, back to when all was OK

Updating the ASPI drivers is the last option

3. Lugh

Lugh TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks... any idea on how to locate the program? I've thus far been unsuccessful in my attempts.

4. kimsland

No

It's up to you to remember what you installed (this is not an automatic MS update that caused this)
    This is a program install (Burning Software ? Game ? Who Knows !?!? )
    Can you remember when it first happened

System restore still looks good ( but you must go back before the unknown program install ??

Actually please check Add/Remove programs; go through the whole list, and pick the most likely.

I'd actually like to know which one caused it too.

5. Lugh

Lugh TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ok I went to the system tab in the event viewer and the first instance of this error popping up is from 1/24/2007.

Now pardon me looking like a total newbie here, but I've never had to do a system restore. What will I lose if I revert back to 1/23/07?

6. kimsland

Hmm Better to find the program, lets just say that

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.