TechSpot

system reboots when launching game

By jacko6666
Oct 14, 2006
  1. have nvidia fx 5600xt 256mb 1.5 gig ram 3.2gig amd sestem reboots when launching game help

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Sorry TechSpot has got nothing to do with your problem :)
    Moved to the proper forum.

(BTW, your question is pretty much useless, because you provided zero information. Read this please: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic33297.html)

3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

Yes we will need a lot more info. Just for starters, it can be caused by several things, the most common being either ur video card/CPU overheating or the power supply being inadequate enough.

4. jacko6666

jacko6666 TS Rookie Topic Starter

it has a 4500 power supply a nvidia fx5600xt 256meg ram 1.5gig mem winxp pro directx 9c 3.2gig amd proceser

5. jacko6666

jacko6666 TS Rookie Topic Starter

have nvidia fx 5600xt 256mb 1.5 gig ram 3.2gig amd sestem reboots when launching game help

6. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

Yeah depends on what game you actualy play, What I do befor I even buy a game is go to this site http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest and see if your computer can even run it and it'll tell you what you can do to improve your performance to that game.. Like one time I had a 9250 radeon card and I tried playing battlefield 2 and it did the same thing but it just didnt run the game so I got a 6200 GeForce and it worked =)

And since you have good ram and what not it's probably that your videocard doesnt have the newest of the Pixel / Vertex Shading things most games now and days need atleast 2.0+ ( GeForce 6200 has 3.0 which is pretty awesome for a PCI slot card )

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.