TechSpot

T-Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Tab out on November 10 for $400+

By Emil
Oct 27, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. T-Mobile, the fourth biggest US mobile service, plans to sell the Samsung Galaxy Tab for $400 as of November 10, making it available one day before Verizon and four days before Sprint. The initial subsidized price tag means higher overall costs: the device will require a two-year contract, a $35 ...

Read the whole story

2. geektastic

geektastic TS Rookie

400+ with 2 year agreement plus data charge ... to expensive. I don't think this will sell. You can get a ipad for 500bucks and use your current phone for tethering.

3. The5Xfactor

The5Xfactor TS Rookie Posts: 21

Add to that $30/month required online service... expensive!

4. ColdFusion1990

ColdFusion1990 TS Rookie Posts: 141

True, it is too expensive... which sucks because it would be awesome to have one

5. frodough

frodough TS Rookie Posts: 90

like others said, it's still a bit pricey w/ a 2 yr contract, hard sell against other options.. i'll wait.

6. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 417   +40

I'm sure there are still plenty of tech enthusiasts (doesnt necessarily mean they are knowledgable or smart techies though) that have the cash to dump in this, and will because they must have the biggest, best, newest device in their hands.

I too agree this is too expensive for a free-OS device with only a 7" display. The specs are good and i'd love to have one, but I just don't see it being worth that level of cash.

Regardless i'm glad to see competition coming out.

7. ruzveh

ruzveh Banned Posts: 124

Guys wait and watch for Micromax Android phones in the market by this year end. It will provide phones selling under 100bucks

8. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TS Maniac Posts: 388

Hmm... Same with the guys above, I don't think this would take off very well. At that price point its way too expensive.

9. DJ83

DJ83 TS Rookie Posts: 32

I'm hoping that the price will come down after a few months, then I would get one

10. Rod2709

Rod2709 TS Rookie

Yeap!! way to xpensive, and i thought that apple was to xpensive...man!!

11. xcelofjkl

xcelofjkl TS Rookie Posts: 86

I agree, it's priced too close to the iPad. A tablet/slate in the $299 range would be very appealing.

12. jazboy

jazboy TS Rookie Posts: 112

they don't earn on phone price. they actually earn on dataplan. $400 and 2 years data plan.. i guess this is expensive..

13. Regenweald

Regenweald TS Rookie Posts: 143

Now THAT is a hell of a hardware subsidy. But the plan is deadly...

14. turbotank84

turbotank84 TS Rookie

I wonder how this compare to the ipad, since the ipad have way more apps then android.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.