TechSpot Guitarists

Daveskater

Hello everyone, i just thought, i wonder if there are any guitarists on here?

I expect there's probably a few seeing as quite a lot of people play but i thought maybe we could chat here about musicky stuff and whatnot :)

To get the ball rolling, i play a Squier Strat which i've customized slightly (stickers and cool dice things for the volume/tone knobs) and have a Boss DS-1 and Fender Frontman II 15G amp - not the loudest of things but i like the sound i get from it :)

The guitar mega thread is HERE

Is your Squire Mexican,Japanese or American ?

That can cause major debates in itself. :)

oh yeah i forgot about that thread ;) i voted on it too :D

i don't know, i know it's an affinity series but i'm in the uk so i have no idea where it's from :)

Yeah I play. I am 36 and have been playing since I was around 17 or 18. I currently have the following:

Schecter Custom
Godin A6 acoustic/electric
Hurricane EX-60
Westone Strat
Gibson Hummingbird acoustic
Ibanez AE-10
B.C. Rich *itch
Kramer Vanguard (USA)

Plus assorted amps and pedals....

sounds like some nice kit :)

i forgot, i have an acoustic that was the first guitar i bought, it's just a random brand called Pure Tone, i don't play it that often because i like my distortion ;) i've tried to set it so it sounds similar to the distortion bille joe uses in dookie. turning the tone on the pedal down just a bit gives my bridge pickup so much more bass without making it sound really bassy, if you know what i'm on about

lol Julio :D

I use to play Bass for a small band for my school to raise money and stuff ( I would get all the ladies though :haha: ) I haven't played for about 8 years though, I started when I was about 13-14 and stoped in my early but I might pick it up again and try :D

Back