TechSpot Quake 3 Tournament

Vehementi

Everyone seems to be ranting about this in the IRC channel...

I'd like to set up a Quake 3 tournament, open to any members of TS, set up sometime in July. Phantasm66 seems to be challenging all comers right now, his server is at 213.107.20.122.

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts about how the tourney should be set up, who will host servers, etc.

The winner will also receive alot of public recognition and really feel good about himself :grinthumb

Well we tryed playing yesterday but Phant's server crashed after a few minutes. It was a test to see who was willing to walk the walk after all the trashtalk we had yesterday.:D

yes. i am into this.

i am getting another cable modem on monday so i shall set up a dedicated server.... details to follow....

i am crap at quake III put I love to play anyway....

just don't fit demiurg. he is the jedi master.

Originally posted by Phantasm66

Gee P66, thanks for saying that now. I actually played UT with him. Well play is a big word for what happened. I haven't launched UT since. I'm sure that if I do, it won't stop laughing.

Originally posted by Phantasm66

Hehe. Kind of like Yoda in Attack of the Clones...
I'm in too. But I got to reinstall QIIIA first - haven't played it in months.

hehehe me and friend just watched yoda fight....

hehehe in the third movie yoda fights emperor...

you DO kick *** demiurg.....:)

I can try playing Quake when I get back.
First I have to play "Find who has my copy of QIII....".
I'll give UT a shot also but CS would be nicer!

I'll take on all comers..... UT, CS or QuakeIIIA, you won't be able to find me coz I'll be the one in a darkened corner surrounded by smoke.....;)

Originally posted by Spliffmeister
I'll take on all comers..... UT, CS or QuakeIIIA, you won't be able to find me coz I'll be the one in a darkened corner surrounded by smoke.....;)
...fragged? ;)

WARNING: Has tendencies to camp w/ either BFG or railgun

I've played in such few multiplayer Q3 games that I tend to not know how I really play, and the bots on Nightmare aren't that much of a challenge enough to warrant camping.

Since everyone is just going to gang up on me anyway I promise I won't camp...for over 5 minutes...

[size=1]p.s. -> Internet Explorer for Mac is terrible :dead:[/size]

I can shoot you Veh! I don't mind - anytime. Just tell me when and where you'd like to be shot and I'll do it for ya.

LNCPapa

We all know how much your server lags Papa...yeah right...

Anyway if I see you in the channel today I'll be sure to remind you ;)

I wouldn't mind having a go...

Im crap at it though...

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that jumping while shooting should be banned???

Its crazy...

I wonder if the S.A.S. or the American Military jumped around while shooting at the Al-Queada???

It just puts me off the game...

If you want to Go, RZ, just join the IRC channel and we'll make plans for your impending doom :evil:

*bump*

What's the current situation here? Anyone willing to set up a server? It could be something other than Q3A, too. Unreal Tournament, Quake 1 or 2, Half-Life or its mods etc..

I'm up for all of that except half-life or any variation of half-life. Just say when and where! BF1942 might be fun as well!

LNCPapa

I've been refreshing my fps "skillz" the last couple of days, so I'm up for something...

Would've loved to play BF1942, but I don't own it, so playing on the net doesn't work...
But Q1,2,3 Unreal, Unreal 2k3 (only got demo), HL:CS or something like that would be fun...
At least I own those :)

Playing BF1942 can be taken care of - there are a couple of files that need to be replaced on the server side in order for it to allow you to play without owning it - I won't go into this though. I would love to play some Q1 so I can have an excuse to use Tenebrae, but I'm not that good at it.

LNCPapa

Also: anyone that thinks they're good or great at UT (not 2k3), lemme know, PLZ. If we could have a UT tourney, I want to know what the crowd is like here according to their FPS "skillz". As of UT that is :blush:

Back