Thermaltake Level 10 Case Review

Julio Franco

Staff member
We've never seen a chassis that looks remotely like the Thermaltake Level 10. It's not the kind of case you walk by without noticing, and when you do see it, resisting the urge to move in for a closer look is impossible. Simply put, the Level 10 is a piece of art. However, like most fine works, the Level 10 comes at an exorbitant fee and users can expect to pay somewhere in the vicinity of $700 for this PC enclosure.

Read the full review at:
https://www.techspot.com/review/318-thermaltake-level-10/

Please leave your feedback here.

I guess if you have a lot of money just laying around this would be an interesting case to own but for the rest of us...

I'm not gonna lie, I don't really appriciate the design at all. I currently own a coolermaster Cosmos S which I personally prefer in design over this...

"With an asking price that would otherwise buy you a 3-way GeForce GTX 460 SLI setup (with money to spare)"
Surely you would have plenty to spare because you can only do two way sli. :/ Although it is possible to have more than two GTX 460s just not for graphics (i.e. physx or folding)

this is one of these that makes me fill soo gooood
excellent piece of design

BTW you can not do 3 way SLI with the GTX460 since it only has one golden connector on each card.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't really appriciate the design at all. I currently own a coolermaster Cosmos S which I personally prefer in design over this...

Yes the Cosmos S is a very cool case and while different designs will appeal to different people this Cooler Master case is far more traditional than the Level 10.

"With an asking price that would otherwise buy you a 3-way GeForce GTX 460 SLI setup (with money to spare)"
Surely you would have plenty to spare because you can only do two way sli. :/ Although it is possible to have more than two GTX 460s just not for graphics (i.e. physx or folding)

We were meaning exactly what you said, the third card handling PhysX like the setup we used with Mafia II.

That said the point really was not that we recommend buying three GeForce GTX 460 graphics cards but rather the fact that for the same money you could :D

If you would like another obscure reference you could buy 23 sticks of G.Skill DDR3-1333 2GB memory giving you 46GB of memory. But then you can only use 8 – 12GB on most desktop systems, it’s like the GeForce GTX 460 conundrum all over again :p

After looking at it some more I decided that I like it more than I orginally stated . . . but I wouldn't go above $400 to get one.

Wait a minute...

This looks like something that a worker at a packing facility came up with when he was bored and decided to glue a lot of cardboard boxes of various sizes onto a piece of bent plywood and then spray-painted it all black.

They call that design and people are willing to pay that much for it?

I'm so changing profession...

[-Steve-] said:

Yes the Cosmos S is a very cool case and while different designs will appeal to different people this Cooler Master case is far more traditional than the Level 10.

True I guess, it definately is different, as per my comment above. After looking at it a bit more and looking at the finer details. I am fairly impressed :) but I still don't think its $700 worth of design. If I look at an astin martin DB9 S I think thats worth its money. This I don't? If it was say $400 or lower than it really is a fantastic piece of design. at its current price point though, it doesn't seem that attractive?

Really you think an Austin Martin DB9S is worth the asking price? I think you are paying much more just for the badge. Now a car like the R35 GTR seems to me like something that gives you your money’s worth but it’s a crappy badge :) Anyway I am most certainly starting a car debate here so I should probably stop.

However we agree that the asking price is too high but like DB9S the point is to keep it exclusive so those that line their walls with money have something else to gloat about.

I am glad you took a closer look though as it really is quite impressive. On the other hand Guest post #10 likes to over simply things ;)

[-Steve-] said:
Really you think an Austin Martin DB9S is worth the asking price? I think you are paying much more just for the badge. Now a car like the R35 GTR seems to me like something that gives you your money’s worth but it’s a crappy badge :) Anyway I am most certainly starting a car debate here so I should probably stop.

However we agree that the asking price is too high but like DB9S the point is to keep it exclusive so those that line their walls with money have something else to gloat about.

I am glad you took a closer look though as it really is quite impressive. On the other hand Guest post #10 likes to over simply things ;)

Haha! yeah, sounds like the usual Guest ;)

I guess your right, the price certainly keeps it exclusive. ok, to be fair an R35 GTR is pretty good :) but is it really better looking than the DB9S?? :)

One last question, was the internal temperature high, low or what kind of temps were you getting? just wondering since the case is designed for longativity but I assume it should protect the components aswell to last as long as possible?

What?! Techspot... NO PICS? I wanna see this thing inside and out. THEN I can decide if its worth my money. I have never really gotten a good look at this thing. Disappointing. :(

Some say it's hideous, some absolutely love it. I simply guess that by creating reactions amongst people, the designer of this case ought to be satisfied.

But still, this costs $1000 downtown, so I guess I won't be sharing that reaction...

Some say it's hideous, some absolutely love it. I simply guess that by creating reactions amongst people, the designer of this case ought to be satisfied.

But still, this costs $1000 downtown, so I guess I won't be sharing that reaction...

Yes I hate it when people just come in and say its hideous and they do not understand what all the fuss is about, while they are welcome to share their opinion, it is just that "their opinion". Just because it does not appeal to you does not mean it does not appeal to others.

What?! Techspot... NO PICS? I wanna see this thing inside and out. THEN I can decide if its worth my money. I have never really gotten a good look at this thing. Disappointing. :(

Umm really? Might want to read the review before posting.

hi, do the hardrives have any cooling?, from the pictures i cant see.

Yes it was mentioned in the review...

I kind of like how different it is - maybe I'd pay around $400 as well... maybe a little more for the exclusivity as long as I can keep things cool.

LNCPapa said:
I kind of like how different it is - maybe I'd pay around $400 as well... maybe a little more for the exclusivity as long as I can keep things cool.

Thats kind of what I was thinking, say it had holes for pipe work or even better, a version with water cooling inbuilt, then I would be happy to pay that. so say the normal version is around $400 and the water cooled version is say $700 then that seems more reasonable, but because it is missing too many features for that price bracket and I know it looks sweet but just not quite sweet enough to justify such a price tag but at the same time keep the exlusivity.

Plus with Water cooling on board, it would weigh even more but would be quieter. If only it had water cooling. I will definately consider this a case I would buy when i'm rich :p

Well I think it's absolutely stunning. *IF* I lived in an uber-cool loft apartment with very minimalist furnishings and *IF* I had bags of wonga I'd get it in a shot. As it is...I'll soon be getting a Silverstone FT02 which will do me just fine. :)

Excellent review. Even if I had the $$, I'd pass though. I don't know why, but I'm more easily entertained by cheezy colored led fan lights. ;)

I have seen this case in person. And it is junk! Its not even worth the cheap metal its made out of.

Any one who buys this case, deserves to be ripped off.

Some temperature benchmarks would have been nice. I wonder how much more effective it is at keeping components cool given its excluded component compartments.

Back