Tricky problems with Windows XP

By jyoti1313
Nov 1, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. i have intel p4 pc.i formatted it.when i connect broadband IE works fine for the first time but then IE got corrputed.i format all drive and install a fresh xp.after it i installed LAN CARD DRIVER from a cd.But again IE worked only one time then again corrupted.Now i tried to install avast ,avira,avg ,kasperasy but none of them got installed.There is no data in my xp.plz tell How to overcome this ?
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,153   +598

q1: which version and SP level of windows are you using?

q2: which version of IE are you using?

q3: did you try any other browser?
  3. jyoti1313

jyoti1313 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Reply to virus poblem

I have Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2 Service Pack 2.Earlier i have IE 5.0 then i remove it and install IE 7.0.Now its working ok.But i am unable to install any antivirus.
  4. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,423   +77

And why are you not able to install an anti-virus ? You are not giving us very much to go on.

Any advice would be a sheer guess - maybe your hard disc is full or faulty for instance? What messages do you see, and when?
  5. jyoti1313

I run the antivirus set and it disappeared.I have tried to install avast ,avira,avg ,kasperasy.But nothing happen
  6. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

Moving to Virus and Malware.
  7. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 5,261   +92

Broni (one of the malware helpers) has requested this thread be moved out of the malware section. He doesn't think it's malware-related because the issues started happening directly after a fresh installation. I'm not sure where this belongs so I'll just bump it to the Windows forum.
  8. jyoti1313

No i have insatlled LAN CARD DRIVER with a cd after fresh XP install.I dont whats the problem But now i m posting this problem in malware section
  9. knsrao14

knsrao14 TS Rookie

1st try deleting all the local disk and reinstall the OS if not solved try changing the RAM