Trying to delete a stubborn file

Sometimes Windows will catch a glitch and not release the lockout on a file. The lockout is usually for files that are in use to prevent other programs from changing them while they are in use. When the glitch occurs, a simple reboot sometimes corrects the glitch.
I need something to delete a file,, cant do it in uninstall
For the record, are you trying to remove a file or un-install an application?

Uninstall a file,,,its whats left of "iminent". its either spyware or something malecious. suprspyware, amd anvi smart defender couldent detect it.

Also Process Explorer's "Find Handle" feature can tell you what process is locking the file. You can kill the process and delete the file then...

I am not running I.e., but ill look for it,,thanks,,,how do I stop those annoying I think apps. that show up when you first put comp on?

Try to post some screen shots of your problem.

the "apps" may be malware which needs to be investigated further or just registry remnants which can immediately be cleaned by manually deleting some registry entries or using third-part tools like the free ccleaner tool.

also, you can try to login in SAFE MODE, then uninstall/delete your undesired file/program.

I am not running I.e., but ill look for it,,thanks,,,how do I stop those annoying I think apps. that show up when you first put comp on?
If you are asking about stopping an app from loading into memory when the PC starts, you can use "msconfig" to disable startup entries. Or you can use CCleaner to remove the startup entries completely.

Back