You are aware that all pages now state http://184.108.40.206/ instead of TechSpot ??
kimsland, you are quick...
So I take it that a.k.a. techspot03 will show TechSpot (I suspect inevitably yes)
I noticed that about the same time...lol.
Change in TechSpot URL?
Instead of the usual 'techspot.com', the address bar is showing :
Arin whois identifies this IP as:
OrgName: ThePlanet.com Internet Services, Inc.
The TechSpot Cookie I keep is gone and has been replaced by the IP. Anyone know anything about this?
Edit to add: My logon isn't being kept. Every time I go to post, I have to sign in again. IP not working.
Edit: thanks for moving this to the appropriate place.
I'm getting the same thing.
Maybe related to this?
We have moved to a new server, until the DNS propagates you will see the IP in the address bar. Other than that most of the stuff should work as usual.
More info here:
CRAP! Websense blocks the new server, this may be my LAST VISIT to TS for a while! Goodbye!
Now that's funny. Why not unblock it? Maybe I don't understand the implications of Websense.....
This is a really dumb question
But what's the line I put in my hosts file
Sorry, I could work it out, but if anyone has the answer straight up, it'll help
Note: this is to get my subscribed replies from members
Websense is a security service to which one subscribes. The whole point is
the management of the access (blocked or allowed) is managed remotely (ie not by the subscriber)
far more simple
address is in column one of the line and use a TAB or multiple spaces
between the address and the name.
you should see quite a list if you use MVPS.com to create your host file
Actually I did have the MVPS hosts addition (lots of addresses, probably what's slowing me down, but I'll leave that part)
Anyway, I added the correct format (thank-you)
But I am still not receiving the subscribed threads, reply members emails
I am aware that work continues on the Server
But, I was informed that if I make the IP related to the site name (ie: 220.127.116.11......... www.techspot.com) it would work. But it still doesn't, all/any replies are not showing in my email (by the way, is this the same for others too?)
I was asked to be patient by Julio, (and I understand all is not resolved) but why doesn't the site IP, when linked through hosts to the original www.techspot.com work? (maybe I should remove the www. part )
Anyway, I'll just put up with it I suppose (note my profile subscribed threads is all ok)
Kim, I recently tested registering a new user and see if I received the activation and welcome emails correctly and I did.
In other words, the new server mail system is working.
What I'm thinking is that perhaps your ISP or email provider is blocking the incoming email because it doesn't match the DNS/IP records for the domain name? I'm just guessing here but that could make sense from a spam blocking point of view.
It's that Damn new AVG Free Ver 8, it's too big now (even though I recommend it !)
I'll check it out, thank-you, I think you're right.
I can confirm that I have continued to recieve "Report Bad Post" emails that are sent to the mods when someone clicks . I was getting them before the server change, and after. I suppose there is a chance more got reported than I got emails for, but I was getting emails daily.
Your ISP is where that would occur, not on the recipients pop3 mailbox. If ANY email
exits T.S, then that conjecture should be a non-issue.
hum; I've subscribed to two forums (months ago) and not received
nightly updates for several days now. Also not receiving thread updates.
so some portion of the webserver is malconfigured.
Thanks jobeard (and Julio too)
Yes I understand it was not the new AVG Email scanner (or anything like that on my Pop3)
As I turned off everything to test, and it was still the same
Haven't actually called the ISP yet
Regarding the IP, when is the date it'll swith to techspot?
Seems to be taking a while
It should have been done by now. I have made our ISP reapply the settings tonight... just bad luck it seems.
ok I just got off the phone with my ISP
Found it very difficult to explain, but after half an hour (with them logging into TechSpot too) they say it's TechSpot server problem not theirs (that I can't get emails)
Anyway, maybe I'll just wait until tomorrow
Good news are DNS update seems to be finally hitting other servers... once that happens broadly we will go over email issues, if any, at that point.
Thanks for your patience.
TechSpot is back
Hmm I think it was on and it went off again, maybe I'm seeing things
DNS is back to working for me at work - I'll have to check when I get home. It was still showing the IP for me this morning.
Yes, it is still showing the Ip, not Techspot...