TV-out prob on GF4 TI4200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Hansson

Staff member
What I want to achive is to output an image (I.e. movie) to my TV and at the same time be able to use my CRT monitor in Windows for whatever I want to, I.e. use my comp when I'm at the same time outputting a movie to the TV...

I've managed to do exactly this, but as soon as I click on anything on the desktop the TV will move from fullscreen down to showing the menus etc...

I'm using the old Windows Media Player because the new one crashes when I enable Dualview...

So my question is, how do I force the movie decoding program to always stay in fullscreen mode?

I'm using Nvidias latest 40.71 drivers, and the GFX card is a Gainward TI4200 64MB, the OS is Win2K with SP3

UPDATE:

Under advanced screen properties > "GF4 TI 4X00" > desktop-properties

I have enabled "Treat several outunits on a nView-GFX card as separate screenunits

now under settings in screenproperties I have clicked the second monitor and choosen "extend the Windows desktop to this monitor"

(this is the setting that causes WMP7 to crash, though 6.4 works perfectly fine)

the resolution has been set to 800x600 and the color depth to 32bpp, the hertz is of course at 60.

The primary display (CRT) has a screen resolution of 1152x864, color depth of 32bpp and a hertz setting of 100 (also forced with powerstrip)

---

A pic of what happens: (left vs right)
dualview.jpg

Have you tried other video players? I once did something like this with PowerDVD, doing stuff in 1st monitor while the movie played in the second (TV). It was DVD though but it shouldn't matter (I think).

No I havent, but are those programs able to play stuff which isn't dvd?

I mean like Divx rips and stuff???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back