uber slow cd reading??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjornke

hey guy's,

i'm trying to fix my litle brother pc, but it has a wierd thing going on here,
evry time i put in a cd, or dvd, or instalation disk, and hes playing muzic in the background, (media player) , it kinda gets stuck but onley the audio, AND if i try to play a DVD it wont show smooth imaging... its like watching a movie at 1fps ... or less...

any ide's?

Go to the Device Manager and under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers check to see if the channel the device is connected to has been changed from DMA or UDMA transfer mode to the slow PIO mode. Right click on the channel and click on Properties. If so, change it back.

codex did not work, and i didnt understadn the mailpup's advice, you see i'm from belgium, i got a dutch version of xp running here, so... cant find device manager... gonna try to translate with word... lol

Use Media Player Classic (freeware) it's found on the www.free-codecs.com site. Use that instead. If that doesn't work you got internal software problem with that dutch version of XP.

I was trying to get a really stubborn video file to run in WMP, and even after downloading all the required codecs it still wouldn't play.

Then I learned of ffdshow, which is the equivalent of about 5 different potentially expensive codecs rolled into one, and works better than any of them, all in one free package.

It should help with most problematic DVDs or other video files.

Click HERE for a safe download link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back