TechSpot

'Virtumonde' Virus

By mital2003
Jun 26, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My system has been infected with the Trojan 'Virtumonde'. I dont know where it came from, I tried removing it by using various anti-virus removal s/w like windows defender, Pc tools Spyware doctor, Vundofix etc. But the bug - Dj Juan keeps implementing itself on the registry. I may have downloaded the trojan while downloading Java from kaspersky site to run the online scan. I'm unable to open any icons on control panel, hence unable to uninstall any s/w too!

Please guide me what I shud do to remove this bug permanently from my laptop, I'm really tired of dealing with it anymore.
  2. silvermachine

silvermachine TS Rookie

you could try dos and use the control admintools command. I have done this before. Start safe mode with dos support and then go in and create yourself a new user with admin rights then you may be able to instal from your new user account. I have managed this a couple of times when I have had virus problems in the past.

computerhope.com

Has a great section on dos to help you.
    good luck
    Christine
  3. xxdanielxx

xxdanielxx TS Rookie Posts: 1,214

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.