Warcraft 3 blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am getting blue screen while playing Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne, DoTA to be more specific(it is not WOW).
It doesn't happen all the time, only 1 out of about 6,7 games.
And it only happens when I play Warcraft 3, not other higher resource demanding games or applications.

I am attaching the most recent minidump file so if anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, following are my computer specs.

CPU: Kentsfield Intel Quad Core Q6600
M/B: XFX nVidia nForce 680i LT Sli
RAM: 2xCorsair DDR2 1GB
Video: eVGA nVidia Geforce 8600GTS with 512MB VRAM
Sound: Integrated Realtek HD

Attachments

• Mini081408-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 19
The MiniDump you posted has a 0x8E error these are associated with Hardware Faults and Bad Device Drivers, the MiniDump cites the Realtek Audio Driver "RtkHDAud.sys".

Try using Driver Clean Pro and remove the Drivers and then Reinstall the Latest Versions of the Drivers from the website.

Thanks woody1191.
Realtek has updated the driver on August 11. I hope this release will fix the problem.
But as I said, since the problem does not occur every single time I play the game, I can not say anything for sure yet. I will come back to this post a few days later and tell whether another incident has happened or not.
Thanks again.

jchoi1009 sorry but i think the RAMS make this prob happen..try with other RAM and see if it still make the same!! i say this coz many of these cases are from pros from RAM.

rezzzy you have to take note of when these are occurring, they aren't occurring on every game, they are occurring on 1 game and not all the time and the MiniDump cites the Driver which is the Cause.

RAM can be a problem for this error code but not all the time, I have listed what causes them.

If a Kernel Driver was listed in the MiniDump then I would have told him to run Memtest86 for his RAM but since it mentioned a specific area it normally rules out RAM in most cases. If RAM was the problem then the BSOD's would be way more frequent and not isolated to 1 program or Game in this case.

Good Luck with your system jchoi1009 :)

Alright, after the update on the sound driver, BSOD has never happened since and I guess it will not happen again at least for the same reason.
Thanks again woody1191.

Hi, Im having the same problem as jchoi1009, but I updated my sound drivers and it didnt fix the problem, so I was thinkin that maybe my problem wasnt about sound drivers.

My .dmp file weight's 287 KB, so I cant upload it here, but here is wait it says when I open it:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bugcheck Analysis

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {fffff8000a44dc63, 7, 1, fffff88004212c3b}

Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis

Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis.

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\i8042prt.sys, Win32 error 2

WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for i8042prt.sys

ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for i8042prt.sys

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in the end it says:

Probably caused by : i8042prt.sys ( i8042prt+6c3b )

Followup: MachineOwner

Thanks for the help.

CTD / BSOD in Warcraft 3 Frozen Trone fixes;

What version of Dota you playing?
Some version has known CTD(crash to desktop)/BSOD(bluescreen of death) bugs. Other maps may also contain critical bugs that will lead to a BSOD/CTD.

First try download the latest version of dota
www.getdota.coim

Then check your WC3FT installation if it is newest release (1.23) due load of fix from the older versions;
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20673

Thrid Check your hardware.
Make sure your computer support WC3ROC/FT and update your video card, sound card and chipset driver and have a decent (not needed newest) Direct X installed.

Im usin 1.21 b
Map: DotA Allstars v6.59 AIPlus 1.52 Rev. 01

My computer specs are:
ECS NF650iSLIT-A
DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6750, 2666 MHz (8 x 333)
nVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
DDR2 CORSAIR TWIN-X 4GB (4X1024) 6400C4 800MHZ PC2-6400

Running Windows 7 RC x64

Updated my mouse drivers, and sound drivers but cant find keyboard drivers.
Usin a Kensington Model K64370 keyboard.

Thanks for the help.

When I remove 2 of the 4 GBS of ram the problem seems to dissapear, but I dont want to remove them coz then I would loose speed and wasting money, and I think there has to be another solution.

War3 does not need 4 gigs, you are not wasting them at all only using 2 gigs to play war3. If I were you id check the compatibility of those ram sticks with each other and your computer. Id make a new thread in the ram area of the forum.

www.crucial.com has a ram scanner thing, check it out with all the ram in your computer it may help you out, last time i checked it was free

Ok thanks for the advice, but I know war3 doesnt need 4 gigs, the thing is that I dont want to be removin 2 gigs everytime I play war3, since with 4 its much faster. By the way, I bought DDR2 CORSAIR TWIN-X 2GB (2X1024) 800MHZ v2.1, and then after two months bought DDR2 CORSAIR TWIN-X 2GB (2X1024) 800MHZ v6.3 (the version was improved).
The other thing is that I have to run the memories as 667 MHZ, since with 800 MHZ I start havin some problems.

Tryin ur program atm.

EDIT: As soon as I opened CrucialScan, got BSOD lol.

Probably caused by : CrucialSMBusScan.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back