Weekend Open Forum: What kind of mouse do you use?

Shawn Knight

Staff member

open forum logitech wof mouse input device pointer

Anyone that spends a considerable amount of time in front of a monitor can attest that finding the right mouse is a must. While there are plenty of boxes to tick when searching for a suitable pointer, for me, it ultimately comes down to comfort.

Steve’s recent review of the Logitech MX Master wireless mouse had me questioning whether or not I was due for an upgrade. I’ve been using Logitech’s G700 wireless gaming mouse for nearly five years now and although it took some time to get used to manually engaging the Hyperfast scroll wheel, it felt great from the get-go and hasn’t given me an ounce of trouble over the past half decade.

With this week’s open forum, we’re curious to know what kind of mouse you use. Chime in below and let us know!

Permalink to story.

Zowie EC1 Evo (essentially an Intellimouse 4.0 redone with modern hardware).

I have Logitech G and M705. I use the M705 100% just don't have issue playing STO with M705 over Game Mouse versions. M705 is paired up with MK710 and MK350. They work very well.

I have a Steelseries Sensei Pro that I'm using as my current daily driver. I was using a Logitech G502 before, but for some reason my hand cramps up really quickly while using it so I had to go back to my Sensei.

I have been using the first production line Microsoft Intellimouse (from when they went from ball mouse to a laser ) from sometime in the 1990s.
Must be a good 18 years!

I was using a G700s that I bought about 4 months ago but I missed my MX Performance,so I went back to it
and now the 700s is sitting in it's box.

Staples - basic wired optical - $7.99. I catch the wire when closing a drawer or I step on my mouse about every 6 months - then I buy another.

I recently purchased the Thermaltake Talon Blu gaming mouse. So far I am very pleased with it. I usually don't like a mouse as well as I do this Talon Blu.

The DPI button actually works on this Talon Blu mouse. I never could figure out why the DPI (as well as the back and forward) button never worked on my Gigabyte model (of which I paid twice as much for). If I can pay $20 for a mouse that works better than a $40 mouse, I don't understand why anyone would think I would gamble on a $80 mouse (with no guarantees of longer switch life).

I bought this Talon Blu because it was advertised to have Omron switches. Come to find out my Gigabyte mouse also has Omron switches, so I don't know if it will make any difference.

I'm using a Razer Deathadder, most comfortable mouse I've ever used, although my Microsoft wireless Intelimouse Explorer was pretty good too, just hated having to replace batteries all the time

I've long loved the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 but their build quality has become crap in the last 8 years or so. (The micro switches get worn out causing the mouse to either miss clicks or double click when you single click).
I bought a Razer / Microsoft Habu gaming mouse however that did not last so longer either, and was overall a quite buggy mouse. (First time I've had to update the firmware in my mouse!)

Now I have owned a A4Tech X7 Oscar Gaming Mouse X-748K for 4 years and I love it, it's was really inexpensive but has great build quality, precision & feel!

Logitech G9x - best mouse I've ever owned. However, it's getting a little long in the tooth and I just bought a Razer DeathAdder which was recently on sale, so will be checking that out soon.

Back