Weekend Open Forum: What upcoming games are you psyched about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

In January, we published a comprehensive list of all the PC games we hoped to get our hands on as 2010 unfolded. Now halfway through the year, the landscape has changed dramatically. Many of the titles on our list have long been available and plenty were delayed until sometime in 2011. With the holiday shopping season rapidly approaching, you can rest assured that folks in the game industry are working hard to rollout a tantalizing lineup that'll blow you – and your savings – away.

Last week's E3 show gave us a fresh perspective on what to expect (and not to expect) for the remainder of the year, and we'd love to hear about any forthcoming video games on your wish list. Being deeply rooted in all things PC-related, we're admittedly a bit biased when it comes to gaming platforms. Our most anticipated titles for the latter half of 2010 include StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, Crysis 2, Fallout: New Vegas, Mafia II, Bulletstorm, and Dead Space 2. What are yours?

Permalink to story.

Crysis 2, Portal 2, New Vegas, CoD Black Ops. I also hope crysis 2 will show all the console *****s that pc does anything BUT suck and that their shitty consoles and emachines pc's are inferior to any gaming machine.

Persona 3 Portable and Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA 2nd-, both of which are coming out next month, so it's gonna be busy.

I'll probably pick up New Vegas and Dead Space 2 when I get around to it.

STARCRAFT II: Wings of Liberty , Crysis 2 and any Mass Effect sequels that are coming after ME2 :D

Portal 2, Diablo 3, and (one day) Half Life 2: Episode 3

Honestly there's not a lot this year that I'm psyched about.

I'm waiting for civilization V. I know is the same stuff with better visuals, but I cant help it, is always fun to send a nuke to a city ;) in a game of course...

The MechWarrior reboot is the only game I am really psyched about right now. I'll buy it on the release date, whenever that is, as long as they don't include some asinine DRM requiring a full-time internet connection.

With two toddlers in the house, I don't have time to play the games I already have!

LOL...Trying to justify you $2000 PC, when I can play the games just as well on my used $125 Xbox. XD

Their are so many games I'm looking forward to I'm not sure I'll have enough time to play them all. Besides the big named games that I want to play coming out later this year I'm also looking forward to Rage, Brink & Bulletstorm. All three look like awesome shooters, especially Rage from in-game video I've seen at E3.

On the MMO front besides SWTOR looking amazing Warhammer 40k: Dark Millennium surprised me as looking pretty cool. Luckily both of these games are further off so I'll have plenty of time =) .

@mrtraver That reboot trailer looked great and I've been a Battletech fan for some time but I haven't seen any news regarding it as of late. Hope they are still working on it as I miss giant mech battles :( .

Guest said:
LOL...Trying to justify you $2000 PC, when I can play the games just as well on my used $125 Xbox. XD

If you need to spend that kind of money on a gaming PC your doing it wrong.

Guest said:

Thats horse ****. Inaccurate aiming that uses auto aim in most games, mediocre graphics, laggy online due to P2P,30fps opposed to my 60+fps. Yup you can sure play them just as well. On top of that my pc I'm using that can do 60+fps at a higher res than your console was only 500 dollars. Oops looks like you were wrong.

princeton said:
Guest said:

Thats horse ****. Inaccurate aiming that uses auto aim in most games, mediocre graphics, laggy online due to P2P,30fps opposed to my 60+fps. Yup you can sure play them just as well. On top of that my pc I'm using that can do 60+fps at a higher res than your console was only 500 dollars. Oops looks like you were wrong.

I also find it hilarious that he tries to justify Xbox when it was the one that kept burning its cpu every time it tried to run...what was it? OH RIGHT! Bioshock 1 back when it first came out. That piece of crap uses outdated hardware, has crappier rendering, and you're forced into paying extra money just because it's on Microsoft's gaming console CD instead of a normal PC dvd. Why would you pay more money to get less game? That doesn't make sense to me.

Gaming rigs can be built for the same price as an Xbox and the PC will run it better. That's just sad. And what's worse is that they're stuck with that same outdated piece of crap for another 5 years before MS will even think of making another console. Have fun with your lag-box, guys. I'll just pay a small sum of money and keep playing my games for years to come. Oh and have fun paying another 500 bucks in 5 years for a slightly modified next-gen piece of MS crap.

Crysis 2, Portal 2, New Vegas, CoD Black Ops. I also hope crysis 2 will show all the console *****s that pc does anything BUT suck and that their shitty consoles and emachines pc's are inferior to any gaming machine.

You are the reason why ***** console owners get upset with ***** pc owners.If any xbox 360 or PS3 owner had tried CoD MW2 on their consoles then tried the PC version they will know the pc is superior unless they have a pc that is worse than the console specs.
All they asked for was what upcoming games are you psyched about? not what do you think of console owners.

I'm waiting for Gran Turismo 5 and CoD Black Ops.

BMfan said:

You are the reason why ***** console owners get upset with ***** pc owners.If any xbox 360 or PS3 owner had tried CoD MW2 on their consoles then tried the PC version they will know the pc is superior unless they have a pc that is worse than the console specs.
All they asked for was what upcoming games are you psyched about? not what do you think of console owners.

I'm waiting for Gran Turismo 5 and CoD Black Ops.

I love how you don't even bother to read below my comment and instead just bash my comment instead of also focusing on other comments that aren't relating to the topic. Guest posted

"LOL...Trying to justify you $2000 PC, when I can play the games just as well on my used $125 Xbox. XD"

That had NOTHING to do with the topic. I posted what games I was hyped for. He on the other hand did not. And you bash me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back