Inactive Weird lock-ups

So recently, I have been having a issues. Whenever I open anything in the start menu, if I right click on any of it, it will become unresponsive. Whenever I am just browsing the internet, Firefox will become unresponsive. When I first launch Firefox it will lock up for a minute. In most games now when I play I will get minor lock ups, this is very tedious especially when I am working on a paper and I try to go to save and do some other things and it decides to lock up, I do not know what to do. I was told to come here by a user in another forum. He said It might be a virus or something, any help?​

Hello, and welcome to TechSpot.

rulesx.png
Please see here for the board rules and other FAQ.

Please feel free to introduce yourself, after you follow the steps below to get started.

Information
  • From this point on, please do not make any more changes to your computer; such as install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc. - unless advised by a malware removal helper.
  • Please do not ask for help elsewhere (in this site or other sites). Doing so can result in system changes, which may not show up in the logs you post.
  • If you have already asked for help somewhere, please post the link to the topic you were helped.
  • We try our best to reply quickly, but for any reason we do not reply in two days, please reply to this topic with the word BUMP!
  • Lastly, keep in mind that we are volunteers, so you do not have to pay for malware removal. Persist in this topic until its close, and your computer is declared clean.
Please review the 4-Step instructions and post the logs back here for my review.

Also, include this scan:

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Delete.
  • A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.
  • Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt as well - n is the order number.

# AdwCleaner v2.111 - Logfile created 02/05/2013 at 19:05:00
# Updated 05/02/2013 by Xplode
# Operating system : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (64 bits)
# User : mark - MARK-PC
# Boot Mode : Normal
# Running from : C:\Users\mark\Downloads\adwcleaner.exe
# Option [Delete]

***** [Services] *****

***** [Files / Folders] *****

File Deleted : C:\END
File Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins\babylon.xml
File Deleted : C:\user.js
File Deleted : C:\Users\mark\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\t68npx6s.default\bprotector_extensions.sqlite
File Deleted : C:\Users\mark\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\t68npx6s.default\bprotector_prefs.js
File Deleted : C:\Users\mark\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\t68npx6s.default\searchplugins\Askcom.xml
File Deleted : C:\Users\mark\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\t68npx6s.default\searchplugins\bProtect.xml
File Deleted : C:\Users\mark\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\t68npx6s.default\searchplugins\Conduit.xml
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\Conduit
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\Ask
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\Babylon
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\bProtectorForWindows
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\IBUpdaterService
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\Tarma Installer
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Conduit
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\mark\AppData\LocalLow\Conduit
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\mark\AppData\Roaming\Babylon
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\mark\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\t68npx6s.default\ConduitCommon
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\mark\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\t68npx6s.default\CT3227975
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\mark\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\t68npx6s.default\extensions\{cdf97ee2-ded0-4369-835e-99dd08225fa5}
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\mark\AppData\Roaming\PerformerSoft

***** [Registry] *****

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\SmartBar
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\BabylonToolbar
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\DataMngr
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\DataMngr_Toolbar
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Softonic
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0ECDF796-C2DC-4D79-A620-CCE0C0A66CC9}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{AFBCB7E0-F91A-4951-9F31-58FEE57A25C4}
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\Babylon
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\{BDB69379-802F-4EAF-B541-F8DE92DD98DB}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Prod.cap
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Toolbar.CT3227975
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\Conduit
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\DataMngr
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\MyBabylontb_RASAPI32
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\MyBabylontb_RASMANCS
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{3C471948-F874-49F5-B338-4F214A2EE0B1}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{80922EE0-8A76-46AE-95D5-BD3C3FE0708D}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{AFBCB7E0-F91A-4951-9F31-58FEE57A25C4}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Tarma Installer
Key Deleted : HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{AFBCB7E0-F91A-4951-9F31-58FEE57A25C4}
Key Deleted : HKU\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{AFBCB7E0-F91A-4951-9F31-58FEE57A25C4}
Key Deleted : HKU\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{AFBCB7E0-F91A-4951-9F31-58FEE57A25C4}
Value Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main [bprotector start page]

***** [Internet Browsers] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v9.0.8112.16457

Replaced : [HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main - Start Page] = hxxp://search.babylon.com/?affID=113959&tt=190712_n_mont_3012_5&babsrc=HP_ss&mntrId=e25594560000000000000025648c831a --> hxxp://www.google.com

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v18.0.1 (en-US)

File : C:\Users\mark\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\t68npx6s.default\prefs.js

C:\Users\mark\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\t68npx6s.default\user.js ... Deleted !

Deleted : user_pref("CT3227975..clientLogIsEnabled", false);

ComboFix scan

Please download ComboFix
combofix.gif
by sUBs
From TechSpot

Direct Link (alternative)

Please save the file to your Desktop.

Important information about ComboFix

After the download:
  • Close any open browsers.
  • Very Important: Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results". Please visit here if you don't know how.
  • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
  • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until ComboFix has completely finished.
  • If there is no Internet connection after running ComboFix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.
Running ComboFix:
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • When ComboFix finishes, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the report, which will launch or be found at "C:\Combo-Fix.txt" in your next reply.
Troubleshooting ComboFix

Safe Mode:

If you still cannot get ComboFix to run, try booting into Safe Mode, and run it there.

(To boot into Safe Mode, tap F8 after BIOS, and just before the Windows
logo appears. A list of options will appear, select "Safe Mode.")

Re-downloading:

If this doesn't work either, try the same method (above method), but try to download it again, except name
ComboFix.exe to iexplore.exe, explorer.exe, or winlogon.exe.

Malware is known for blocking all "user" processes, except for its whitelist of system important processes such as iexplore.exe, explorer.exe, winlogon.exe.

NOTE: If you encounter a message "illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion" and no programs will run - please just reboot and that will resolve that error.

Junkware Removal Tool

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Warning! Once the scan is complete JRT will shut down your browser with NO warning.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Temporarily disable your antivirus and any antispyware real time protection before performing a scan. Click this link to see a list of security programs that should be disabled and how to disable them.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click JRT and select Run as Administrator
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Copy and Paste the JRT.txt log into your next message.

TDSSKiller Scan

Please download and run TDSSKiller to your desktop as outlined below:

Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.

For Windows XP, double-click to start.
For Vista or Windows 7, do a right-click on the program, select Run as Administrator to start, & when prompted Allow to run.

tdss_1.jpg

-------------------------

Check the boxes beside Verify Driver Digital Signature and Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.

tdss_2.jpg

------------------------

Click the Start Scan button.

tdss_3.jpg

-----------------------

If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue
If you get the warning about a file UnsignedFile.Multi.Generic or LockedFile.Multi.Generic please choose
Skip and click on Continue

tdss_4.jpg

----------------------

If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results and offer three (3) options.

Ensure Cure is selected, then click Continue => Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.

tdss_5.jpg

--------------------

A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste its contents on your next reply.

Sometimes these logs can be very large, in that case please attach it.

-------------------

Here's a summary of what to do if you would like to print it out:

If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue
If you get the warning about a file UnsignedFile.Multi.Generic or LockedFile.Multi.Generic please choose
Skip and click on Continue

If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results and offer three (3) options.

Ensure Cure is selected, then click Continue => Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.

OTL Quick Scan

Please download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.
  • Close all windows and double click OTL.exe.
  • Click Quick Scan button and let the program run uninterrupted.
  • It will produce a log for you called OTL.txt, please post it in your next reply.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

Do I really have to do all this downloading? I use my fathers computer for most of my tasks because of my computer being so terrible. He hates when I do all this downloading, is there anything else I can do? Other than download all this stuff?

All of the scanners we use are to find and detect malware. They will be removed after we're done, promise.

It is incorrect to assume that when you ask for help here, that we won't have you download anything. Malware removal sections use tools to scan and remove malware. It's naturally what we do here...

Hello! Are you still with us? Your topic is now marked inactive, because you have lacked to reply.

However, we'd like to still help. Please update us on the state of your PC.

Back