Which laptop is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all you care about is speed, then they are both pretty much identical spec wise.

Personally, I'd choose the Lenovo though because of the 720p screen (higher resolution gives you more desktop space to work with). The Toshiba has a standard 1280x800, which I could never do. But again, just a personal choice and it doesn't affect performance, really.

If all you care about is speed, then they are both pretty much identical spec wise.

Personally, I'd choose the Lenovo though because of the 720p screen (higher resolution gives you more desktop space to work with). The Toshiba has a standard 1280x800, which I could never do. But again, just a personal choice and it doesn't affect performance, really.

And i suppose i'm more for the microphone and webcam than screen, thank you.

I dont think these choices are good. What is your budget? Where do you live?

Really? They were best spec i could find for my price range. Budget is £400 and i live in England. I've actually gone and ordered the Toshiba but can always refund it and buy another.

Wouldn't buy from ebay and as for the three amazon toshiba laptops, none of them are as good as the L300-29W. Thanks for looking but only looking at 15.4" screen. The 29W on the tesco direct website shows up as a single core processer but the 4200 is really a dual core processor, they just make a few mistakes!

Ah ok. You are good to go then.:grinthumb

Am waiting at the moment for it to be delivered as i type. They said between 7am and 7pm though, hmmm. What would you of personally gone for out of the two mate?

Remember always. All laptops fail. You want one that can be fixed at a reasonable price, that has standard parts, and plastic that doesn't warp. You can get fancy or pretty, but it is the standard laptop with the capability for a long warranty that will make the difference. You pay extra for a long warranty, but you can get a one year warranty that also offers a four or five year warranty. That can make a difference.

Lenovo 's are terrific. Excellent web site. Excellent support. For most, but not all models

Most of the other laptops are built in a series of buildings that are close together in one province of China. One day they make one brand. The next day, another. We have visited their factories a number of times. Stupendous assembly and craftsmanship.

Some are built in Korea. HP laptops are built in 7 different countries.

More important than brand is warranty and support after the purchase. Next most important are cooling channels, cooling fans, cpu fans, ability to clean out dust, hair, and fiber. These most important things are difficult to see or find out about.

Memory capacity is important, quality hard drive is important, cooling channels are imporatant. Warranty is very important. Warranty is not important.

Because of the Toshiba support after the warranty expires, and the cost of parts, I would avoid them.

If the laptop is any good, it will have a long warranty. A low cost one will have a screen or inverter that goes after 18 months.

Hard drives will generally be the same in all of them, as will the memory. But some low cost ones will have hard drives such as Hitachi and TriGem that are subject to early failures. Very few companies will tell you the hard drive used or the memory. So getting a quality computer that uses quality components tied to a longer warranty will save you money in the long run... Fujitsu, Seagate, Western Digital hard drives. Memory with a lifetime warranty.

Many laptops do not even own their own parts supply houses, or repair centers. Lenovos are fixed and back at you within a week. Some laptops take three months.

Quality has a price... but if you use it for work or school that quality is worth it.

If you are a gamer, no good gaming machine is low priced... Figger out why the low cost laptop is low cost.

Talk to somebody who repairs a lot of laptops for their opinions. Somebody who has used only three or five may not have a good view of the equipment you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back