Windows 7 64bits - BsoD on desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chupadelpote

Hi,

First of all I´m spanish so please excuse any language mistakes.

I´m having some problems with my new computer, it gives me random BsoD while doing anything, just moving the cursor around my desktop. A couple of times the computer just recognized 2 of the 3 ram sticks, shutting down pressing it and powering on again did the trick. I wasn´t able to run memtest86+ on my 64bits Windows. So here is my hardware:

MB - Asus P6T SE
CPU - Intel Core I7-920
RAM - 6gb (3x2gb) Mushkin SIlverline
GPU - Sapphire Radeon 5770 VaporX (Could this be the problem?)
HD - 2xSeagate Barracuda.12 (600gb Raid0 whit a 150gb partition for OS and the rest in one Raid1 Volume)

This is one of the BsoD messages (I´m not really sure right now if all were exactly the same):

Firma con problemas:
Nombre del evento de problema: BlueScreen
Versión del sistema operativo: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Id. de configuración regional: 3082

Información adicional del problema:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000000000000004
BCP2: 0000000000000007
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF88004C96F2F
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Archivos que ayudan a describir el problema:
C:\Windows\Minidump\031710-18236-01.dmp
C:\Users\Héctor\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-35178-0.sysdata.xml

I have tried right now to reinsert the ram sticks into the slots, once I have restarted Windows have shown a message saying that I should "reboot to apply the changes". That PC is not conected to internet so it cant be an update.

Well, Can you help me? Do I post some minidumps?

Thanks a lot

Why were you unable to post minidumps? And, yes, please attach minidumps. 0xD1 are usually driver related but they can also be caused by faulty or mismatched RAM.

Is your system pre-built, i.e. you bought it already built or did you build your system?

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. If you have only one or two no need to Zip them; attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Hi,

Well I didn´t attached it before cause I was not really sure if it could be some kind of rookie error...
The system was built by myself. After reinstalling the ram sticks I played Mass Effect for two hours or so with no errors, but who knows, sometimes it has lasted for much more time with no errors.

I was unnable to zip five minidumps in less than 200kb, I've tried with winrar and 7zip, finally I compressed it in .7z, I hope that´s no problem for you.

Thank you

Attachments

• minidump.7z
    136.1 KB · Views: 1
Question: Is your exact Muskin memory on Asus' Quality Vender List (QVL) for your motherboard? The QVL for your motherboard will be on the Asus webpage for your board.

The reason for the question is due to the fact that Asus motherboards are notorious for being very picky about the memory to be installed on each and every one of the motherboard models they make.

We have seen it time after time of people having issues due to the fact that they installed RAM (good RAM) that is not specified on the QVL for their motherboard.

Well, actually it doesn't appear in the QVL, hope it's not that.

Also i found a thread in Mushkin forums about problems with same MB and same memory, it turned out to be a faulty ram stick. Sorry I can't post links yet.

I'm running a memtest86+ right now with all the sticks in there positions (no errors yet), later I will try one by one in the second slot.

Does the minidump point to a RAM error or you hadn't been able to look at it yet? (no pressure :stickout:)

Thanks

PS: I don't have set manually voltages for the ram on the BIOS, could this be the problem?

Memtest86+ in triple channel 1 pass no errors

Now I´m doing it one by one.

If the problem is incompatibility betwen the mobo and the ram, should memtest show an error?

Edit:

Ok, so, I passed Memtest86+ to each memory individually and no errors shown.

On the other hand, acording to Memtest ram is DDR3-1069, CAS 8-8-8-20
Acording to Mushkin's web it's DDR3-1333, CAS 9-9-9-24

I guess this could be the origin of the problem, I haven't found BIOS updates in Asus web, Should I set this parameters manually in the BIOS? I guess so, but I'll be waiting for your awnser.

Thanks a lot

Yes, set parameters within the BIOS. Minisdumps pointed to several different error codes which can be an indicator of RAM issues dues to the fact that memory issues can/will throw out all kinds of error codes.

You know how could I set the parameters of the ram correctly without raising up the QPI?

I'll run memtest again with the new parameters... 7 passes at least (Are you kidding? 3 and a half hours and still just 3 passes... I'm going to bed)

OK so... 11passes almost 12, 14hours and 48 errors... all parameters manually introduced in BIOS, I suposse I should check DIMM by DIMM now and get in contact with my provider and ask for a change.

All errors seem to be in Test 7, if that matters...

That's exactly what is needed; once you have identified the modules; send them for replacement. Please keep things updated in case we can of any further help.

Yep, that is why a) a minimum of 7 Passes is the rule and b) why people start Memtest and then go to bed.

Hehe, so I already detected the faulty memory, e-mailed the shop anda functionig in betwen with two sticks... if there's any problem I'll tell you.

Thank's to both of you, you were really helpfull.

Hey guys I am having similar problems with Test 7.
This is my setup:
EVGA H55V motherboard
OCZ 4GB DDR3 PC3-10666 2x2GB
Intel Core i7 860

I ran memtest86 and memtest86+ and am continuously getting errors in test 7.
I thought it was a ram problem so i checked the sticks individually and they came back clean as a whistle.
So I contacted EVGA because I thought it was a voltage problem with the RAM and wanted to change the settings, but i couldn't find the voltage in the BIOS.... and apparently I have the wrong BIOS for the motherboard i'm using , however the guy said that even though my BIOS is wrong, my board is set up to change the voltages automatically to match the hardware i use.
He says its either a problem with the CPU failing, or the RAM is.
I have a hard time believing this... I personally think that its got something to do with the motherboard, but i have no way of proving this since he wants me to test out the CPU and the ram on another computer... well we don't all have 5 computers just lying around that are compatible.

What do you think? since the BIOS is wrong on the motherboard from what he says, I can't access the voltages, and since the board is so new there's no upgrade for the BIOS... should i go ahead and RMA it?

I said at the end of the post, I checked, and the tech guy at EVGA even looked for updates for the BIOS for the mobo, and because its so new, there are none available.

Can you set the voltages manually? I could be wrong so take it with a grain of salt, but I thought I read recently of EGA motherboards and OCZ having issues.

No i cannot set the voltages manually... there is no option in the BIOS...

and if this is true about EVGA and OCZ i could be in trouble... I hope this isn't the case, but the tech guy at EVGA didn't mention anything about it, but it may be something that they just haven't confirmed yet....

Does your motherboard manual show any way for you to access the voltage? Usually they are grayed out to [Auto] but if you click it on it should open up a list of voltage options.

I got to hit the sack. I'll check in tomorrow.

The motherboard manual shows nothing about the BIOS

but IN the BIOS there are voltages greyed out, but they are the Vcore voltage (1.072V), and 3.3V Voltage (3.392V)

and there is no where where is says to enable the voltage selections.
The only thing that may be affecting that is under the Power tab in the ACPI Configuration option, there is then an option called "Suspend Mode" that is set to Auto.

... but still i don't even see DIMM voltage greyed out... the option is just not anywhere to be found in my BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back