Windows XP 64 bit STOP 0x50 BSOD - win32k.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I was recommended to post my BSOD dumps here on TechSpot for help.
I have been getting a recurring PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x50 BSOD from win32k.sys.
I run XP 64 bit, and I have attached the dump files in a zip.

Hope someone can help!

Cheers
Vandervecken

PS I shuold add, I have done the following:
RAM test with memtest, 7 passes.
HDD test with Seatools and HDTune - pass
No viruses or malware, according to Antivir and Spybot.
Plenty of free space on OS drive, which is defragged.
Computer is not overheating.
I have not tried the pagefile yet.

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    42.1 KB · Views: 2
Hey Vandervecken! Both are the 0x50 error but it only gives win32k.sys as the probable cause which isn't helpful because it is a Windows OS driver; they are too general for diagnosis.

One thing of interest is that in both dumps under the PROCESS_NAME of the file the Winamp executible winamp.exe was listed. I am not saying this is your issue but it bears looking into.

Yes, it is. Give it 48 hours by doing all your normal stuff and if no crashes then it would appear that Winamp was the issue. Do they have a newer version that will work with XP 64?

I don't think there's any special version. Winamp works fine on XP 64 and has done for years.

How did you find a reference to winamp? When I ran dumpchk on the minidumps I didn't see any reference to winamp.

Mike

There is a section on the minidump called PROCESS_NAME: and Winamp.exe was listed. Again, this may not be the cause of your issue but sometimes (almost rarely) the executible, .dll, or system driver that is mention in this section is the culprit.

Since uninstalling are you getting any crashes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back