Wireless router issues with cordless rumble pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tammy S

Hi,
I have a broadband motorola internet connection. Basically there is a radio receiver on my roof which receives a signal from a tower and a wire that comes in the house. i have a wireless router Dlink WBR-1310 D1. I haven't figured the encryption yet. mostly because i'm not sure i will figure it out right.
The computer has an ethernet wire to the router (blue) and my laptop is set to wireless useage.
Problem:

My husband was using his cordless rumblepad 2 for the first time since getting this router and since it was pluigged in the internet conncetion was not there. I tried to do the power cycle thing and nothing worked.

I disconnected the router and the rumblepad, put the internet connection to the computer and restarted. i'm on line. next, i reconnected the router and re cycled the power, i'm on line.
I've googled for issues between the two no help...so here i am again. Any help would be apreciated because my husband like to game.

I have a cordless mouse and keyboard, logitech, no problems.
i did note that the three wireless receivers were relatively close. 12" radius.

Thanks in advance for the help

Tammy
PS the cordless phone is 2.4 GHz

System

Windows xp pro sp 2
P4 3.00 GHz
299GHz, 2.00 GB of ram
mb Asus P5S800-vm
AGP BFG 6600 GTOC 128 MB of ram
Logitech cordless keyboard model number Y-RJZ0
Logitech cordless mouse man optical
Logitech cordless rumblepad 2
router Dlink WBR-1310 d1

i hope this is all the information that is needed

You have to remember, that everything uses a channel.

Wireless Phone
Wireless Logitech keyboad and Mouse
Wireless Router
Wireless R-Pad

Check the R-pad in the manual to see if it can be changed like a phone that has a channel button does. Logitech devices do it automatic as does the router. But check to see if you could use channel 1 instead of the default 11 for the router. That might solve your problem if the R-pad can't change the wireless channel it uses. I have everything you have but don't have r-pad though. I do have the MX710 Laser K/M from Logitech and wireless network bluetooth for laptop.

I decided not to get 2.4GHz DSS wireless phone but go for the 5.8GHz DSS wirless phone. So far that helps too..

thanks for the help. How so you change the channels. in simple terms would be best.
we are looking ot change the phone in the near future. this one is somewhat old and starting to fail.

thanks

tammy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back