You can play as a messenger pigeon in 'Battlefield 1'

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Battlefield 1 is expected to challenge for game of the year honors, what with its focus on historically accurate weaponry, fast-paced gameplay and wide variety of vehicles – both on land and in the sky above.

Just how diverse are we talking, you ask? I’m glad you asked (warning – possible spoilers ahead).

In one particularly gripping single-player scene, you apparently take control of a pigeon tasked with delivering a critical message to headquarters. It’s a surreal moment that, as Kotaku correctly highlights, affords a stark sense of the war’s scale. While brief, your time as a pigeon is nothing if not unique.

Battlefield 1 arrives on October 21 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. It'll go unchallenged for a couple of weeks until Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare launches on November 4.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Shooter of the year perhaps, but not game of the year in my books, I can think of several games better than this game.

After Alpha, and Beta and now 9 hours of the trial and I am just gonna skip BF1 till it goes on sale in December. I want to play the single player, and I enjoy 1 multiplayer map, but some of the balance changes and gameplay changes are not to my liking and will take a long time to adjust to.

After Alpha, and Beta and now 9 hours of the trial and I am just gonna skip BF1 till it goes on sale in December. I want to play the single player, and I enjoy 1 multiplayer map, but some of the balance changes and gameplay changes are not to my liking and will take a long time to adjust to.
What stuff have they changed? In the beta the only thing I thought was a bit over powered were the single seater tanks.

What stuff have they changed? In the beta the only thing I thought was a bit over powered were the single seater tanks.
Not changes from alpha and beta but changes to the battlefield game style and the class balance.

I'm waiting for the version where you can play as a Turkey the week before thanksgiving!

Not changes from alpha and beta but changes to the battlefield game style and the class balance.
I think the style is fine, it's been tweaked for WW1 erra fine, compared to the terrible Battlefront and Hardline, it's been done well.

I agree with classes though, Medic is useless now.

EDIT: snipers are now too powerful as well.

Like what? I'm not being an arse id really like to know.

Hitman, Deus Ex, Doom, Watchdogs, Overwatch, Mafia, Gears of War... You know games with compelling stories that aren't just going to be about killing as many people as possible online, because after all that's all Battlefield has become about, the single player campaign is an after thought that most people probably won't even play other than for the few perks it gives to the multiplayer experience.

Back