CCleaner removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing it to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space. CCleaner also comes with a registry scanner that scans for invalid references (advanced users).
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer Cache, History, Cookies, Index.dat.
- Recycle Bin, Temporary files and Log files.
- Recently opened URLs and files.
- Third-party application temp files and recent file lists (MRUs).
- Including: Firefox, Opera, Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Office XP, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more...
- Advanced Registry scanner and cleaner to remove unused and old entries.
- Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... Backup for registry clean.
- Windows Startup tool.
Download notes: Alternatively you can download the latest portable version of this software.
Duplicate File Finder
You may not realize how many duplicate files are stored on your computer, taking up valuable hard drive space. CCleaner now includes a duplicate file finder tool, which can quickly find these files, and allow you to choose which ones to delete – freeing up more space on your PC than ever before!
System and Browser Monitoring
If you’re a CCleaner Professional user, you can now set CCleaner to run every time you shut down your browser, or you can set it to monitor your entire system in the background and detect when to Clean based on disk space that can be saved!
CCleaner v5.0 is now ready for download! You have been testing the Beta release of version 5 in your thousands since we announced it last week and we have loved hearing all your positive feedback on the fresh new design! CCleaner 5.0 sees not only a brand new interface, but also significant performance improvements. We've optimized the internal architecture for better performance, added Google Chrome plugin management and optimized the automatic update process for our Professional users.
We're also close to finalizing a new Disk Analyzer tool, which will allow you to identify and drill down into the types of files taking up the most space on your drives. Watch this space for more information!
For all our CCleaner Professional users, your installation will update automatically.
- New improved GUI
- Improved internal architecture for better performance
- Added Google Chrome plugin management
- Improved Google Chrome Startup item detection
- Optimized automatic updates for Pro version
- Improved system restore detection routine
- Updated exception handling and reporting architecture
- Optimized 64-bit builds on Windows 8, 8.1 and 10
- Updated various translations
- Many performance improvements and bug fixes